The Big Picture:
Howden are a global engineering business who focus on providing clients with industrial products that help multiple sectors improve their everyday processes. Howden’s core focus is on providing quality solutions for air and gas handling, and have over a century of experience in doing so.
As a Sales Engineer you will provide customers with technical and commercial information and guidance on suitable products based on their requirements for the PCOG, Environmental and other General Industries in which the Rotary and Turbo blowers are utilised.
What needs to be done?
- Building relationships to support existing customers with account management duties.
- Preparation of accurate Technical & Commercial Proposals in accordance with customer requirements.
- Help identify and develop business opportunities
- Arranging and attending customer meetings both technical and commercial with support from appropriate functions.
- Contribute to sales forecasts and sales plans
- Maintaining CRM database.
- Support the business with commercial and engineering requirements for new projects.
- Co-ordinate between the client and internal stakeholders throughout the Sales process across multiple disciplines.
- Act as a point of contact and manage client relationship.
- Work with Regional Business Offices to manage opportunities
- Review, with multiple disciplines, enquiry documents and obtain clarifications where required.
- Work with the Sales and Proposals department to produce technically compliant quotation. This will include liaising with sub-vendors directly and through internal Procurement Department.
- Evaluate quotations from sub-suppliers in order to provide cost effective solutions and comprehensive Customer Solutions.
- Lead project handover meetings post contract award ensuring all relevant project data required for successful project execution is conveyed to all necessary disciplines.
- Ensure adherence to health and safety standards in compliance with company policy to ensure safe working environment.
What do you need to bring?
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in an Engineering discipline (e.g. Process / Chemical / Mechanical / Electrical & Instrumentation)
- Ability to interpret the results of the design phase in order to specify a range of equipment whilst taking into consideration company specifications, client specifications, and international codes/standards
- Experience in obtaining compliant quotations for equipment from a diverse supply chain
- Ability to pro-actively solve problems and to think laterally, whilst working under pressure
- Excellent communication, negotiating, influencing and inter-personal skills.
- Knowledge of and commitment to customer service, financial control, and engineering quality.
- Strong interpersonal skills: active listener; clear communicator (written and verbal) and proven collaboration skills
What you will get in return?
- You will have the opportunity to work for a global engineering organisation in a challenging and dynamic role with great development opportunities. We offer a competitive salary along with a great benefits package.
The advantages of working at Howden:
Worldwide business – Liaise with our colleagues in 27 countries.
We offer global and local opportunities– 6000 employees and world leading engineers, who create cutting edge developments – You will be a part of over 160 years of innovation and development that continues today with our digital solutions. At Howden we have a strong corporate identity and purpose – You will be a member of our team, shaping the future of the world and tackling some of the most pressing issues facing the planet.
Our products and organisation are Revolving Around You – Our culture promotes individual development to enhance our most important asset – our people.