Alarm.com, a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial technology company, is seeking a Technical Account Manager to join our International Team. This position will be responsible for day-to-day client account management, technical training and escalated technical support for a number of key customer accounts across the Europe region. The successful candidate will support accounts across their life cycle, including pre-sales engineering, in-country launch planning and training, and ongoing account support and development. The position is critical to ensuring that our partners understand and efficiently utilize the full suite of Alarm.com services, ranging from backend integrations and support tools to end user features and functionality. The ideal candidate will be well versed in technology, have a keen problem solving sense, demonstrate strong communication skills, and be prepared to travel to client locations around Europe.
The Strategic Technical Account Manager’s primary job responsibilities will include:
- Owning and managing the relationships with partners in the Europe region under the guidance of the regional business development director
- Assisting with pre-sales engineering needs for key prospects, and developing knowledge and propositions for entry into new markets
- Assisting dealer partners with launch planning activities to successfully go to market
- Acting as a technical escalation point for potential issues in the region
- Ongoing support to help develop and grow existing and new partner accounts
- Providing product introduction, installation, and support trainings to partner accounts
- Gathering feedback from partners and partner customers on local market needs
- Representing Alarm.com at various trade shows and other events
- Staying up to date with new product release features in order to respond to partner inquiries
- Testing new products and services for local market readiness
- Traveling extensively across the region to engage with and support designated dealer partners
- Degree level (or equivalent) qualification in an Engineering, IT, or Sciences field
- 3-5 years work experience in technical support and/or sales account management
- The ability to communicate with customers and vendors, both in writing and verbally in a clear, professional manner
- A highly motivated and organized self-starter who is able to operate independently
- Excellent people skills, with a natural customer service orientation – candidate must enjoy working with external clients and supporting internal customers in the organization
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proficiency and up-to-date knowledge of consumer, cloud, and IoT technology
- Demonstrable business IT proficiency, and competence in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work flexible hours in order to collaborate with US-based business development team
- Ability to travel up to 40% to Client locations & Alarm.com offices
- Fluent English speaker – additional European language would be preferred
- Experience in Security, CCTV, Access Control, or IoT-related smart-home industry would be preferred
The Ideal candidate may already be:
- An Account manager within a Security products manufacturing business, with experience visiting and selling hardware/software solutions to Partners/Installers/Electricians.
- An Account Manager in an IoT product supply or services business, as above.
- A Security Installer/Engineer, with the ability to present, sell and technically support smart-home security and IoT solutions to new and existing clients
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for the smart home. Millions of home and business owners depend on our technology every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. We make the Smart Home broadly accessible by enabling easy automation and control across a range of connected devices through our single, intuitive user interface. Alarm.com earned the Top Workplace™ award for its employee culture and the meaningful work we do every day to develop and bring to market new technology that will make millions of people safer and help them use energy more efficiently. We’re seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them. Our solutions are exclusively distributed through a network of authorized service providers.
For more information, please visit www.alarm.com.
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer