Location: Reading, UK
Type of Employee: Full Time
Vocera delivers the leading platform for clinical communication and workflow. Our mission is to simplify and improve the lives of healthcare professionals and patients while enabling hospitals to enhance quality of care and operational efficiency. Hospitals and health systems around the world have selected our solutions to enable care teams to communicate and collaborate using smartphones or our hands-free, wearable Vocera Smartbadge and Vocera Badge. Our platform is interoperable with most clinical and operational systems used in hospitals. In addition to healthcare, Vocera is found in luxury hotels, aged care facilities, retail stores, schools, power facilities, libraries, and more. Vocera is headquartered in San Jose, California, with offices in San Francisco, Indiana, Canada, India, United Arab Emirates, Australia, and the United Kingdom. Learn more at www.vocera.com and follow @VoceraComm on Twitter.
Position Description: Vocera is looking for a dynamic sales leader to join our UK and Ireland sales team. You will be focused on leading and growing our regional business. You will lead a team of sales professionals to identify new customer sales opportunities, develop a sales strategy, manage the sales cycle and achieve new customer booking goals. A key focus is extending the reach of Vocera as an enterprise-wide solution with new customers as well as some expansions with existing customers. This position will be based out of a geographic home office and will require local travel to customers and prospects within the designated region This position reports to the Regional VP of Sales.
- Motivate, lead and support your sales team to achieve and exceed assigned quotas, driving high performance and rapid growth for your region
- Develop strategies and processes to ensure continuous prospecting activities and pipeline development is sufficient to support achievement of sales revenue goals
- Accurately forecast business and sales pipeline for entire region
- Develop executive relationships with key partners within government agencies, aged-care, and for-profit healthcare providers
- Executive relationships: Build and maintain executive and key stakeholder relationships through the C-suite to build trust and close deals
- Support and assist sales representatives with negotiations on contract terms and conditions to effectively close deals
- Develop and execute country sales expansion strategy
- Ensure positive communication and collaboration with key internal stakeholders and teams; leverage corporate resources effectively to maximize success of your territory
- Lead solution focused customer presentations, including coordinating the involvement of all necessary internal team members
- Leadership: Proven ability to lead sales teams in navigating the complex buying environments of our customers and coach the team to success
- Proven ability to lead and motivate teams; achieves organizational focus on key priorities, provides clear direction, delegates, actively communicates and coaches; a committed mentor, people developer and team builder
- Process and education driven leadership style and someone who can bring constructive passion to the team and company
- Executive presence and influencing skills: Demonstrated ability to effectively coach professional sales representatives on all aspects of the sales process including excellent negotiation and ability to close deals
- Strong interpersonal skills to build positive, productive, and effective professional working relationships with internal teams and external partners
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing complex sales cycles, particularly within the NHS, typically defined as six months or longer with multiple stakeholders, decision-makers and influencers at multiple levels
- Solid understanding of communication technology trends within the NHS and Private Healthcare Systems in the UK; with the ability to articulate value in relation to NHS Long Term Plan
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in the ability to present concepts and articulate business value
- Strong sense of creativity and innovation, with integrity and respect for others
- BA/BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree a plus
- 10+ years managing successful teams of healthcare enterprise-scale sales professionals and partners
- 8+ years of direct health care sales experience in technology, software (clinical systems or other business applications), services, and/or medical devices. Experience with wireless communications preferred
- Proven track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding sales quotas.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading enterprise sales cycles with multiple stakeholders, decision-makers and influencers at multiple level
- Experience with Salesforce.com, and virtual meeting and presentation tools like Zoom, MS Teams, LiveMeeting, etc.
- Enterprise complex deal experience selling a multi-faceted solution to the NHS at both the individual trust level and national organizations.
- Disciplined use of a formalized sales methodology; e.g., The Complex Sale, Target Account Selling, Power-Base Selling, etc.
- Regular UK domestic travel, international travel as needed
Belief in Diversity
Vocera Communications is an Affirmative Action Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.