Our client is an international project developer and consultancy. They help organisations and businesses succeed in meeting their climate goals. They aim at simplifying the complexities and challenges involved and help their client deliver low carbon, sustainable solutions.
They are currently looking for a Sales Director to grow their market leading services across the UK and North Europe.
The focus of the role is twofold; winning new clients and nurturing and growing existing client business through professional account management.
The successful applicant will play a key role in the Sales organisation demonstrating commitment and passion to leverage resources efficiently and drive continued rapid revenue growth by meeting/exceeding revenue, margin, expense, hiring and profit targets on a quarterly and annual basis.
The role reports to the Commercial Director for the UK and North Europe region (Netherlands, Germany and Scandinavia). However, the Sales Director will have significant autonomy with clients and will be key in contributing to shaping the strategic approach and direction of the sales organisation.
Key responsibilities and deliverables are:
- Personal responsibility for shaping and leading Sales strategies aimed at capturing new sales wins and expansion within major accounts, actively engaging with customers.
- Accountability for achieving/exceeding new win, expansion, revenue, margin, pipeline, expense, hiring, profit and other quantitative goals and reporting effectively on performance.
- Developing and building the sales and supporting infrastructure and culture to enable the planned revenue growth.
- Working closely with the Marketing function to ensure an integrated Marketing and Sales strategy. This involves finessing plans for, deploying and measuring the success of specific deliverables and campaigns·
- Working with the Marketing function, Market Intelligence Working Group and Service Line Leads to develop new propositions that respond to client needs, market demands and trends.
- Working with the Head of Advisory to develop work products that position future sales opportunities and maximise commercial exposure of our Service Lines.
- Owning the customer feedback processes and outputs to drive continuous improvement and customer service.
- Driving co-operation and collaboration with other functions across the our client’s Group to maximise efficiency and effectiveness and to provide an integrated response to client needs/global accounts.
- Developing and maintain a positive, collaborative working relationship with all other functions in the UK business and wider organisation.
- Communicating market/customer feedback and service requirements/opportunities to the rest of the organisation as appropriate.
Professional Background and Experience
Exceptional leadership and sales skills are essential, along with personal commitment and passion for the role.
Essential background characteristics include:
- Successfully delivered sales-led growth for a business providing sustainability services, ideally with the growth trajectory planned for our client over the next few years.
- Demonstrable success in a consultative selling environment, through application of a proven sales framework.
- Significant experience both in sales and sales management, including people management of quota-carrying sales people, is also required.
- A professional, team-oriented, relationship-oriented approach to winning business and developing successful, long-term client engagements.
- Successful track record of closing personally closing significant levels of business with UK clients, and in other Northern European markets, preferably within the Sustainability/Climate/Environmental Sector.
- Active, hands-on approach with clients, keen to travel and personally helps colleagues close opportunities as necessary.
- An inspirational and dynamic sales leader that unites the team. Proven ability to attract, retain and grow sales talent. Has led high performance, sales teams which have consistently met/exceeded targets.
- Experience and ability to implement and drive sales process and methodology.
- A demonstrated track record as a consistent performer throughout his/her career.
- A strong contact base at executive level across relevant companies would be highly valued.
- An educational background that includes quality institutions.
- Knowledge of Carbon Markets / Offsetting / REC
- Additional languages are preferred: German, Nordic languages and eventually French
Personal Attributes and Values
The ideal candidate would possess the following key personal attributes:
- Embracing the company culture and leading by example.
- Entrepreneurial mentality with a driving desire to succeed in the market.
- People and relationship oriented.
- A charismatic and motivational leader; outstanding people management skills with the ability to successfully incentivise and challenge a team of talented and creative people at all levels in the organization. Able to balance openness and approachability with driving the team for results.
- A self-assured leader with his/her ego in check.
- High intellectual horsepower, strategic thinker who can formulate the long-term vision while also being a strong personal contributor. Willing to roll up his/her sleeves and execute.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with proven track record of quickly building credibility both internally and externally.
- Team player, personable, social, good at building internal relationships.
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards.
- High energy, competitive and hungry to win.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.
For full disclosure, please contact David Blake at firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 7761800201, or send us your CV.
Salary additional info: Competitive Salary + Bonus Package