Sales and Business Development Manager Bristol (Science)
£30,000 - £40,000 + commission, laptop & phone.
The Role: To drive the commercial activity by directing and coordinating activities involving sales of the company's products & services.
The company: A UK-based company specialising in the design and manufacture of probes for atomic force
microscopy and cantilever-based sensor devices. It was founded in 2011 to bring new manufacturing methods and exemplary levels of customer service to an industry broadly unchanged in 20 years.
Building on over 60 years' of combined experience in atomic force microscopy, their proprietary
microfabrication processes enabled them to manufacture AFM probes with the tightest dimensional tolerances in the market at present. They are passionate about providing AFM users with the best possible customer service, from the first time customers visit their website to storing your probes after a successful day on the microscope.
The team is headquartered in Bristol, and is a member of the University of Bristol's SETsquared Business Acceleration Centre. They have access to manufacturing and inspection
facilities at the University of Bristol and the Scottish Microelectronics Centre (SMC) at the University of Edinburgh, and also has office at the SMC, Edinburgh.
What you'll be doing:
- Achieve revenue goals.
- Identify and establish new business.
- Sales pipeline management, including maintaining CRM software (Pipedrive).
- Maintain good working relationships with existing customers to enhance client retention and new sales through referrals and references.
- Monitor customer satisfaction in terms of technical needs, quality, price and delivery.
- Sales support activities, including sales visits, attending conferences & trade shows.
- Sales administration, including the generation of quotations.
- Reviewing costs & sales performance and feeding into sales forecasts.
- Liaise with other stakeholders/colleagues.
- Prepare relevant reports.
- Provide training and produce support material for other members of the sales team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly-motivated and well-organised individual with previous sales/business development experience.
The skills, knowledge and experience outlined below provide a summary of what the team are looking for.
- Previous relevant experience gained in any
- commercial/sales area involving contact with customers.
- Knowledge & experience of lead generation and sales pipeline management.
- Relevant commercial awareness.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in the English language.
- Strong sales skills, including presentation, negotiation & relationship building.
- Experience of working in a team and working independently on their own initiative.
- Experience documenting technical information for sales & marketing material.
If you have experience of selling scientific consumables or related products and/or a track record of selling into academia that would be great.
This is an amazing role with a company who have had huge success already and are only just getting started. Brilliant offices, free parking, uncapped commission and opportunity to build a sales team around you over the next 18 months.
Please send your CV through for immediate consideration, interviews are taking place over the next 2 weeks.