Our client is an international project developer and consultancy. They help organisations and businesses succeed in meeting their climate goals. They aim at simplifying the complexities and challenges involved and help their client deliver low carbon, sustainable solutions.
They are currently looking for a Sales/Business Development Manager to sell our client’s market leading services to their target client base across the UK and the North Europe region.
- The focus of the role is twofold; winning new clients and nurturing and growing existing client business through professional account management.
- The successful applicant will play a key role in the Sales team, working collaboratively with Sales and Consulting colleagues to prospect and close sales in line with team and personal targets.
- The role reports to the Commercial Director for the UK and North Europe region (Netherlands, Germany and Scandinavia).
Key responsibilities and deliverables are:
- New business: Prospect and identify new business opportunities to existing and new customers through online and offline lead generation activities;
- Account management: Build effective relationships with existing clients to ensure repeat business and further penetration through identification of new business opportunities that add value;
- Sales meetings: Set up and attend sales meetings. This will include attending meetings where the BDM is acting in a lead role AND a supportive role;
- Quality assurance and team support: Support Sales and Advisory team members to achieve their own sales targets by contributing to and reviewing sales documentation, presentations, pitches etc.;
- Lead qualification: Working closely with the Marketing team, contact and qualify marketing qualified leads (leads generated through our content lead marketing platform);
- Service development: Developing and building sales offerings in line with market requirements;
- Continuous improvement: Working collaboratively with colleagues to maintain and improve sales collateral (proposals, presentations etc.);
- Customer feedback: Obtaining and addressing feedback from clients to ensure high quality service delivery and supporting Advisory team colleagues where required;
- CRM: Taking responsibility for entering sales data onto our CRM platform;
- Self-management: Taking responsibility for achieving personal and team targets, and reporting accurate management information in sales meetings;
- Collaboration: Driving co-operation and collaboration with other functions across our client’s Group to maximise efficiency and effectiveness and to provide an integrated response to client needs/global accounts;
- Relationships: Developing and maintaining a positive, collaborative working relationships with all other functions in the UK business and wider organisation;
- Feedback: Communicating market/customer feedback and service requirements/ opportunities to the rest of the organisation as appropriate.
Professional Background and Experience
Strong sales skills are essential, along with a good understanding of sustainability, carbon and/or energy services.
Essential background characteristics include:
- Successfully delivered sales for a business providing sustainability, carbon or energy services, including knowledge of carbon markets, offsetting and renewable energy;
- Able to demonstrate success or aptitude for selling in a consultative environment;
- Strong writing skills;
- A professional, team-oriented, relationship-oriented approach to winning business and developing successful, long-term client engagements;
- Successful track record of personally closing significant levels of business preferably within the Sustainability/Climate/Environmental Sector;
- Active, hands-on approach with clients, keen to cold call, travel and personally help colleagues close opportunities as necessary;
- Willingness to learn and a genuine interest in sustainability;
- A contact base at executive level across relevant companies would be highly valued;
- Additional languages would be welcome: German, Nordic languages and French.
Personal Attributes and Values
The ideal candidate would possess the following key personal attributes:
- Embracing the company culture and leading by example;
- Entrepreneurial mentality with a driving desire to succeed in the market;
- People and relationship oriented;
- A strong team player with the ability to engage;
- Demonstrable intellectual curiosity;
- Willing to roll up their sleeves and execute;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with proven track record of quickly building credibility both internally and externally;
- Team player, personable, social, good at building internal relationships;
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards;
- High energy, competitive and hungry to win.
Climate17 are recruitment specialists across Energy & Environmental markets. Our extensive experience, expert market knowledge and passion for what we do stand us apart.
For full disclosure, please contact David Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 7761800201, or send us your CV.
Salary additional info: Competitive Salary + Benefits Package