PPG: We protect and beautify the world.
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
Why join us:
With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
- Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one.
- You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations.
- Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies.
- Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward.
- You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged.
Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world.
Provide an enhanced customer experience by recognizing customer needs, sell PPG products and assist with the completion of Company objectives. Maintain high standard of customer service.
Drive, develop and increase sales within the Store. Provide an enhanced customer experience by recognising customer needs, sell PPG products and assist with the completion of company objectives
and to maintain a high standard of customer service.
- Responsibility for achievement of store sales and profit targets.
- Achieve Sales and Profit targets to ensure Company profitability. Proactive use of the ‘War Book,’ on a daily basis to ensure development of New, Lapsed & existing customer base to maximise share of wallet.
- Provide a high level of customer service, identify customer needs in order to increase sales, provide assistance and product knowledge to improve service levels and sales targets.
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards are adhered to at all times in line with statutory legislation and Company policy.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures relating to security of company monies and stock are strictly adhered to at all times.
- Undertake opening and closing of the store, and provide cover at other stores within the Zone as and when requested to meet business requirements.
- Unload/load and check all incoming and outgoing deliveries against the delivery documentation to ensure accuracy. Report any stock shortages or damaged stock to the Store Operations Manager at the earliest opportunity to ensure accurate stock levels are maintained within the Decorating Centre.
- Input stock delivered onto the Electronic Point Of Sale (EPOS) system in order to maintain accurate inventory records.
- Accept payments from customers and complete all sales documentation and authorisation procedures correctly to ensure accurate records and adherence to company policy.
- Answer customer queries, either face to face or over the telephone, giving accurate product information and where possible solve problems raised to maintain a high level of customer service whilst increasing sales.
- Undertake, when required, an efficient delivery service, ensuring customer is aware of the latest offers and promotions available to them.
- When using Company delivery vehicle, make sure vehicle is loaded, driven and maintained to a high standard to ensure compliance with current Company requirements. Ensure all daily checks are completed and any documentation relating to journeys and deliveries are completed on time and correctly in order that the company's administration procedures are maintained.
- Report any accidents or damages to the vehicle at the earliest opportunity to the manager to ensure the correct accident procedures are adhered to in line with Company policy.
- Ensure all deliveries are correctly unloaded, signed for, returned and "cash on delivery" payments are made as directed by Store Operations Manager in order that a high standard of security with regards to all company property and monies be maintained.
- Undertake stock take duties as directed by the Store Operations Manager to ensure accurate levels of stock within the store.
- Ensure store operating standards achieve the level of excellence required.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by your Store Operations Manager.
Internal and External Relationship
- Daily contact with all members of staff within your team to ensure the efficient running of the Store.
- Regular contact with other Decorating Centres and Commercial departments, i.e. Territory Managers,
- to ensure an efficient service is provided.
- Regular contact with internal departments at Head Office regarding all matters that will assist in the
- maintaining and completion of company objectives.
- Daily contact with customers regarding products/deliveries.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Customer focussed and direct sales experience.
- Good knowledge of Company products.
- Full clean driving licence and must have held a full valid driving licence for a period exceeding one
- year. Drivers of vehicles over 3.5T GVW must have the relevant full valid driving licence for a period
- exceeding four years.
- Good understanding of EPOS and IT systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience of customer facing environment or equivalent.
- Required to work in a small team environment where the job has to be completed regardless of roles.
- Team working is an essential part of the job.
- Required to be flexible in attitude towards working hours and duties.
- Required to undertake any training necessary to perform the job.
- Required to undertake driving duties as required by the Manager, ensuring that correct procedures are followed.
Duration of the assignment and grade:
- Band K
PPG is committed to being an inclusive employer and strives to achieve the right work-life balance for our employees. Therefore we will always be happy to discuss flexible working arrangements wherever this is possible for the role. If you currently have flexible working arrangements or would like to move to flexible arrangements then we are happy to talk about this during the recruitment process.