Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,250 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results
Your new position
This role is responsible for ensuring Fixed Asset Transactions within the EMEA Finance Shared Services Centre (FSSC) are captured and reported accurately and timely in the company’s financial statements in accordance to US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles – as well as, helping to drive standardization and harmonization of all Fixed Asset accounting processes for EMEA.
Maintains Fixed Asset ledger accounts for entities that are covered by the EMEA Finance Shared Services Centre (FSSC) – including:
- updating and maintaining Fixed Asset ledger accounts for US GAAP & Statutory reporting
- timely and accurate monthly balance sheet account reconciliations as per template used by the EMEA FSSC
- timely analysis, identification, communication and resolution of balance sheet account reconciliation issues
- assigns transaction codes to documents
- ensures that all IO are settled at month-end
- ensures that depreciation is recorded properly for each asset monthly
- prepares journal entries to general ledger
- assists/prepares annual property tax filings
- assures documents being processed are included in the appropriate accounting period
- analyses and verifies internal consistency, completeness, and arithmetic accuracy of accounting documents
- analyses and researches and corrects issues related to accounting
- communicates issues with errors, procedure violations and discrepancies with all levels of management
- Manage administration of physical count of FA, and makes appropriate adjustments to ledger for assets for adds and disposals.
- Manage the asset tagging process once an asset is placed in service
Month-end closing activities including:
- assist with monthly reporting to Corporate (M’s and Q’s) as per Bio-Rad policies and procedures are submitted
- updates and maintains month-end/quarter-end/year-end closing schedules
- Performs balance sheet and income statement account analyses and actual versus budget comparisons to determine if there are missing entries or significant variances that require further investigation.
- processes accruals during month-end close
- Prepares the monthly Fixed Asset roll forwards that ties to the GL.
- assists in preparation of QVRs
- assists for responding to any questionnaires from corporate
- Prepares and distributes quarterly FA Impairment Memo and Fixed Asset Register to Finance/Operations Business
- Works on unique and critical projects and problems including:
- Assists in special projects and requests involving general accounting systems
Internal controls including:
- Assists in internal control reviews for assigned control objectives required by section 404 of Sarbanes-Oxley
- Assists in internal and external audit requests – before, during and after – as well as the completion of audit-required analyses.
- Assists in answering auditing questions and resolves auditing issues.
- Ensures compliance with applicable Corporate Policies and Procedures
How you will succeed
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills for interacting with individual team contributors, business partners, and senior management.
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and US GAAP accounting required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving background.
- Experience in process and project management skills.
- Experience in process redesign and/or efficiency
- Innovative and able to think both analytically and conceptually.
- Fluent (both orally and in writing) in English and any other European languages
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance ideal. Alternatively - part qualified of relevant degree (ACCA or CIMA) or willingness to start any such part qualification
- 3-5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Finance SSC Experience in large multinational company with a high volume, performance driven environment
- Experience in fixed asset accounting
- Large ERP System Experience – SAP & Hyperion preferred
- Experience identifying and investigating discrepancies in accounting records
- General ledger accounting experience including accountant analyses and expense analysis
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday including extra day for Birthdays
- Onsite parking available with immediate access to Watford Train Station
- As a permanent member of the team we offer Pension matched up to 8%, BUPA cover extending to family, Life Insurance and a wide range of incentive programs.
If you are interested in this role, click ‘Apply’ with an updated CV. If this role isn’t right for you then please ‘Refer a Friend’ as part of our Employee Referral Program.
*Bio-Rad does not accept agency CVs, unless the agency has been authorised by a Bio-Rad Recruitment Specialist. We have a zero tolerance policy therefore we will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.