This role is responsible for ensuring Fixed Asset Transactions within the EMEA Finance Shared Services Center (FSSC) are captured and reported accurately and timely in the company’s financial statements in accordance to US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles – as well as, helping to drive standardization and harmonization of all Fixed Asset accounting processes for EMEA.
Job Responsibilities: Maintaining Fixed Asset ledger accounts for entities that are covered by the EMEA Finance Shared Services Center (FSSC) – including:
- updating and maintaining Fixed Asset ledger accounts for US GAAP & Statutory reporting
- timely and accurate monthly balance sheet account reconciliations as per template used by the EMEA FSSC
- timely analysis, identification, communication and resolution of balance sheet account reconciliation issues
- assigning transaction codes to documents
- ensuring that all IO-s are settled at month-end
- ensuring that monthly depreciation is recorded properly for each asset
- preparing journal entries
- assisting in/preparing annual property tax filings
- assuring documents being processed are included in the appropriate accounting period
- analyzing and verifying internal consistency, completeness, and arithmetic accuracy of accounting documents
- analyzing, researching and correcting issues related to accounting
- communicating issues with errors, procedure violations and discrepancies with all levels of management
- managing administration of physical count of FA and making appropriate adjustments to ledger for assets additions and disposals.
- managing the asset tagging process once an asset is placed in service Month-end closing activities including:
- assistance in monthly reporting to Corporate (M’s, Q’s and QVR’s) as per Bio-Rad policies and procedures
- performing balance sheet and income statement account analyses and actual versus budget comparisons to determine if there are missing entries or significant variances that require further investigation.
- processing accruals during month-end close
- preparing the monthly Fixed Asset roll forwards that ties to GL
- preparing and distributing Quarterly FA Impairment Memo and Fixed Asset Register to Finance/Operations BusinessWorking on unique and critical projects and problems including:
- assisting in special projects and requests involving general accounting systemsInternal controls including:
- taking part in internal control reviews for assigned control objectives required by section 404 of Sarbanes-Oxley
- assistance in internal and external audit requests, as well as the completion of audit-required analyses, answering audit questions and resolving audit issues.
- ensuring compliance with applicable Corporate Policies and Procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong knowledge of internal controls and US GAAP accounting required;Strong analytical and problem solving background;Experience in process and project management skills;Experience in process redesign and/or efficiency;Innovative and able to think both analytically and conceptually;Fluent (both orally and in writing) in English and any other European languages
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance ideal. Alternatively - part qualified of relevant degree (ACCA or CIMA) or willingness to start any such qualification
3-5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience;Finance SSC Experience in large multinational company with a high volume, performance driven environment;Experience in fixed asset accounting;Large ERP System Experience – SAP & Hyperion preferred;Experience identifying and investigating discrepancies in accounting records;General ledger accounting experience including CAPEX and OPEX analysis