Kier Local Highways is looking to recruit a Roadworker to join the Lincolnshire Council highways maintenance contract. The post holder will operate as part of a team to deliver works as directed.
- Undertake general highway maintenance activities including kerbing, concrete work, paving and slabbing, laying asphalt, iron works, post erection, sign erection, fencing etc
- Take part in the out of hours Emergency Response and Winter Maintenance rotas as required
- Keep the depot clean and tidy ensuring all plant and equipment is stored securely at the end of each working shift.
- Keep lorries and vans clean, tidy and serviceable
- Ensure daily drivers checks are undertaken
- Set out and maintain temporary traffic management
- Deal with enquiries from residents and business effected by the works
- Take responsibility for personal safety and ensure that actions do not adversely affect others
- Ensure that PPE is kept clean and in good condition
- Ensure that site records of work done are completed for every job
- Ensure that near misses and hazards are reported in a timely manner
- Ensure that defective plant and equipment if reported in a timely manner
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Driving licence
- Experience of general construction or civil engineering work
- Experience of site safety procedures
- Experience of working to deadlines and targets
- To be a good communicator and to be able to pass on skills
- To be a good self-organiser
- Able to work in a team and under own initiative
- To be assertive and diplomatic
- Self-motivating and a good motivator of the labour force
- Generally to be willing, helpful, enthusiastic and flexible
- Clean current HGV Driving licence
- Drivers CPC
- NRSWA Streetworks Operative qualification
- Stihl saw certificate
- Pedestrian Roller
- First aid or appointed person
- Literate & numerate
- IT Skills
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.