Introduction:Kier Local Highways is looking to recruit a Roadworker to join the Lincolnshire Council highways maintenance contract. The post holder will operate as part of a team to deliver works as directed.
Kier Highways design roads, bridges and intelligent transport systems (ITS), covering strategic and nationally important roads, as well as local roads serving local communities. Our projects range from major improvements to complete renewals of roads and structures. With specialist teams, we manage complex works from conception through to handover at the end of maintenance periods.
- Undertake general highway maintenance activities including kerbing, concrete work, paving and slabbing, laying asphalt, iron works, post erection, sign erection, fencing etc
- Take part in the out of hours Emergency Response and Winter Maintenance rotas as required
- Keep the depot clean and tidy ensuring all plant and equipment checks are undertaken
- Keep lorries and vans clean, tidy and serviceable, PPS is kept clean and in good condition
- Set out and maintain temporary traffic management
- Deal with enquiries from residents and business effected by the works
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Driving licence
- Clean current HGV Driving licence/ CPC (Desirable)
- NRSWA, Stihl saw, Pedestrian Roller and First Aid ( Desirable)
- Experience of general construction or civil engineering work
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.