Job Reference: 334-RMN-2635764-OA
- South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
- Mental Health of Older Adults
- University Hospital Lewisham, Lewisham High St, London SE13 6LW, London
- £29,888 - £36,738 pa inc.
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust has a rich history, well-established community links and an international reputation. We deliver specialist services in the London boroughs of Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark, Bexley, Bromley and Greenwich.
We are committed to providing high quality and specialist care to our service users and we are recognised for the care and treatment we provide. The Care Quality Commission already rates our services as ‘good’.
We take pride in providing specialist care to our service users, where our Trust values and our promise to be caring, kind, polite, prompt, honest, listen and do what I say I’m going to do, is at the heart of everything we do. When you join us, you’ll be part of something special.
Hayworth Ward is an 18 bed unit in the Ladywell Unit at University Hospital Lewisham. We provide inpatient assessment, treatment and care for people aged over 65 with acute mental illness or under 65 for people who have dementia.
We care for older adults who are admitted to hospital in a crisis, supporting them back into the community.
We are looking to recruit Band 5 staff with a passion for working with people with mental health conditions and dementia. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills in both mental health and physical health care as a basis for your career in nursing.
We have a large multi-professional team including psychology, occupational therapy, physiotherapy and medical professionals. The team are highly passionate about providing high quality patient centred dementia care.
We can offer you a robust support package for making the transfer from student nurse to registered nurse. You will receive regular individual and group supervision as well as an appraisal. As a newly registered nurse you will also have access to Preceptorship and Mentorship in order to develop you as a highly skilled and compassionate nurse. There is a strong leadership team on the unit who will guide and support you in your professional development. There is also a nurse council on the unit providing the opportunity to be involved in the development of nursing practice on the unit.
If successful at shortlisting stage you will be contacted regarding the next stage.
**Please note that if you do not state the month and year that you have completed your Nursing qualification you will not be invited to the assessment.**
Ward Name & Location: Hayworth Ward Ladywell unit.
Patient Age Range: Over 65
Patient Gender: Mixed
We are committed to ensuring our staff get the most out of their benefits package and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. There is an extensive range of excellent benefits for you and your family. We want you to feel like you are part of a close knit team at SLaM. It’s important to us that you valued and appreciated and that are why we have a comprehensive benefits package on offer
Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, flexible working and support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working and job sharing.
- Career development, There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Car lease, our staff benefits from competitive deals to lease cars
- Accommodation, our staff benefits from keyworker housing available which is available on selected sites
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
Other benefits include:
- Counselling services
- Wellbeing events
- Long service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
We look forward to receiving your application.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Margaret Olaleye, Ward Manager on 0203 228 0208
The Trust is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and that promote equality of opportunity. We are a Disability Confident Employer, we welcome applicants from all sections of the community and people of all protected characteristics. We provide reasonable adjustments for candidates with a disability and are committed to treating people fairly with compassion, respect and dignity and in promoting equality and human rights. We aim to put this commitment into practice by:
- Embedding our commitment to tackling inequality, eliminating discrimination and harassment; promoting equality of opportunity and fostering good relations in our everyday practice
- Ensuring that all our services and all staff understand and support our commitment
- We believe that people who use our services, their carers and our staff, should be treated with compassion, respect and dignity
- That all applications for this post will need to be made online
- That you read and understand the Job Description and Personal Specification attached to the role. Your Statement in Support should reflect the requirements specified as your application will be judged against these criteria
- That the closing date listed is a guide only and that the vacancy may close earlier should sufficient number of applicants have been received. We advise that you submit your application as early as possible
- That once you have submitted your application you agree to your application being transferred to a 3rd party e-recruitment system. All subsequent information regarding your application will be generated from apps.trac.jobs
- That should you not have heard from us within three weeks from the closing date your application has not successful
- That priority consideration for applications may be given to at-risk NHS employees
- That we are a smoke-free Trust
- SLaM is a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Stonewall is the largest Lesbian, Gay, Bi and Trans (LGBT) rights charity in Europe’