This is a fantastic opportunity to join our in house Risk function here at Direct Line Group based from our Head Office in Bromley (just a 17 minute direct train from London Victoria) as a Risk Oversight Manager on a permanent contract.
You will be responsible for facing off to areas of the business providing second line oversight, challenge and advice in respect of DLG’s Enterprise risks, and assessment of effectiveness of first line control in this area.
• To lead relationships with Directorates providing oversight, guidance and challenge to business activity in relation to all Enterprise risk matters.
• To promote a strong control culture and general awareness of risk management with DLG. Provide advice and guidance on changes in Risk appetite and support Directorates in building strong control environment.
• To ensure that the DLG risk framework is appropriately embedded in Directorates to support the appropriate and timely identification and mitigation of Risk & Compliance issues.
• To maintain effective working relationship across all three lines of defence to areas to promote and improve the perception of Risk & Compliance’s value organisation.
• To lead effectiveness reviews across DLG in respect of first line defence assessment of Enterprise risk utilising appropriate methodology intelligence gathering and other relevant tools.
• To work closely with other teams to develop ongoing capability, performance and engagement in support of the delivery of Risk & Compliance strategy.
• To provide oversight and challenge of business input into central processes including the Material Risk assessment, ORSA and control environment.
• To recruit, lead and develop direct reports to enable them to consistently deliver DLG’s goals, developing each colleague towards their full potential in line with DLG’s objectives.
Skills we are looking for
• Strong Enterprise Risk background with previous experience managing business relationships
• Experience working in a risk function providing oversight and challenge
• Ability to influence and challenge senior management
• Good understanding of the workings of an Insurance business
Our application process has been designed to make joining us as smooth a transition as possible, it not only provides us with the information we need to decide whether you’re the right person for the job, but also to make sure we’re right for you. Get more details on our application process here.
Your Online application
No matter which job you’re applying for, completing our online application form is the first thing you need to do. It takes about 10 minutes to complete by uploading your CV and telling us a bit about you. Take a look at our tips on writing a great CV and before you apply pages to find out what information you’ll need to hand.
Career benefits and rewards
It all starts with a competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do. We’ve made sure your annual holiday entitlement is attractive too – and what’s more, we let you choose the rewards that suit your lifestyle.
That kind of flexibility is a key feature of our benefits package. And there’s plenty to choose from, including:
• 9% pension (You can opt to contribute more or less than this figure via the flexible benefits scheme)
• 30 days annual leave + bank holidays (You can buy/sell up to 5 additional days)
• up to 20% bonus
• FREE Private medical Insurance (Silver)
• 50% Car Insurance discount
• 50% Home Insurance discount
• 50% Pet insurance discounts
• Life assurance up to 4x Salary
• Income protection 50% for 5 years
• FREE breakdown cover
• FREE Travel insurance
• Discounted Life, Critical illness covers
• Discounted dental covers
• 3 for 2 shares (buy 2 get a 3rd FREE up to £150 per month pre tax)
• Shopping retail discount
• others (Season ticket Loan, Childcare vouchers, Free Eye Tests etc)
Where can I find out more?
You can find out more by speaking to our Recruitment Consultant for this vacancy, Sam Swindells at email@example.com
Please also contact us if you consider yourself to have a disability that requires an adjustment to help facilitate your application, interview or the joining process.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We're one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We're home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.