Cobham Aviation Services are recruiting for an RF Design Engineer. Directly reporting to the Electronics Design Team Lead – Technology, you will be implementing RF Design activities in support of all deliverable products required to satisfy the NATO JEWCS contract.
The business have recently been awarded a contract for the design and development of a range of operational training electronic warfare pods by the MoD on behalf of NATO. This will provide realistic training in electronic warfare to the member countries, in order to be able to operate in a real time situation.
This position can be based at either our Bournemouth International Airport or Marlow sites and requires infrequent travel.
As the RF Design Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Bachelor Degree in Science/Technology or suitable equivalent
- Cleared to or have the ability to be cleared to SC
- Good knowledge of current RF technologies – Solid State Amplifiers, high speed switches etc…
- Good knowledge of digital signal processing of RF and Baseband signals
- Good knowledge of modern RF Test equipment – VNA, RF Power Meter, RF Signal generator, RF Spectrum Analyser
- Knowledge of High Power RF Antenna Systems
- Experience of developing, writing and implementing test and verification plans for sub-systems and complete systems.
- Experience of writing technical requirements for connectorised RF components & sub-systems
- Experience of evaluating technical proposals from suppliers of RF components & sub-systems
- Experience in Project life-cycle delivery from bids to operation
As the RF Design Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Design and develop RF sub-systems for new EW equipment
- Use design expertise to create RF design solutions to EW engineering problems, particularly those relating to operational requirements for Radar Jammers and Simulators for NATO JEWCS.
- Develop and maintain some knowledge of International Radar and Communications equipment types and function to enable solutions to EW engineering problems to be achieved.
- Carry out peer review of designs and technical proposals authored by other engineers from an RF point of view.
- Comply with Cobham Safety Standards
- Maintain positive and constructive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders and customers
Cobham Aviation Services UK
Protecting borders, saving lives and enhancing the effectiveness of defence personnel.
We combine state-of-the-art technology with complex air platforms to deliver customised airborne surveillance, operational readiness training and search and rescue services.
Our end-to-end capabilities benefit government and military customers with responsive and cost-effective turn-key solutions for optimal mission performance.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page
Job Category Engineering
Primary Location UK-England-Dorset
Organization FR Aviation Limited1