What you’ll be doing...
You’ll be overseeing various revenue accounting responsibilities for multiple EMEA countries using both US GAAP, and local GAAP/IFRS. You’ll be ensuring the accuracy and efficiency that our Finance team is known for. You’ll also be a part of creating a great team environment by providing clarity, direction and feedback. And you’ll be on constant lookout for ways to use technology to streamline our processes. Come help us keep our Finance team running better every day—because here, better matters.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversees the completion of complex analytical assignments and preparation of accounting related reports.
- Supports Manager, Revenue Accounting with accounting, analyzing, and reporting on general ledger transactions.
- Responsible for assisting with the month end close, financial statement analysis and other tasks related to the maintenance and/or reconciliation of accounting records.
- Coordinates closely with the other finance teams to ensure complete and accurate accruals and simplify processes.
- Coordinates and oversees activities relative to internal controls, documentation and testing and segregation of duties (Sarbanes Oxley or local equivalent, where applicable)
- Possesses sufficient accounting acumen to review other’s work and analyzes the output for appropriate accounting treatment, completeness and accuracy related to general accounting.
- Interacts with stakeholders from within and outside of the Accounting organization to respond in an accurate and timely fashion to inquiries related to the group’s activities.
- Maintains on?going interaction with client groups and other functional areas relating to objectives, deliverables, resource allocation and related matters.
- Supports any assigned accounting projects to ensure compliance and adherence with controls for internal policies and external regulations.
- Supports the efforts in developing, implementing, and maintaining systems, procedures and policies for the group; leverages system and technology knowledge to drive simplification efforts.
- Plans and structures work activities; Sets deadlines for assigned activities and subsequently monitors the progress and results
What we’re looking for...
You’re organized and practical, and great at finding ways to make complex processes simpler. You know revenue accounting both US GAAP, and local GAAP/IFRS accounting inside out, but you’re also an effective team player. People look to you for your expertise
You’ll need to have:
- Accounting degree; BA/BS degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related experience
- Large or medium size company accounting experience
- Experience in managing revenue accounting across multiple EMEA countries and currencies
- Direct project management experience, including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and closing of projects
- Working knowledge of accounting systems and applications such as SAP, CPM/Essbase, and Blackline
- Understanding of FASB, SEC requirements, SOX compliance and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles both US GAAP, and local GAAP/IFRS.
- Experience designing and implementing accounting systems, running continuous improvement projects, and conducting root cause analysis.
- Good team, organizational planning skills, sound judgment, calm but work with a high sense of urgency, attention to detail and strong time management
- Familiar with international business & accounting practices and processes including local statutory reporting in EMEA IFRS and US GAAP
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
Even better if you have:
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Experience in revenue accounting with multiple element revenue recognition and currencies
- CPA certification (or local equivalent such as ACCA, ACA or CIMA)
- Big 4 Accounting/Advisory/Audit experience
- Proficiency in a language other than English
- Demonstrated Shared Service Center experience within a global, publicly traded company
- Understanding of FASB, SEC requirements, SOX compliance
- Experience running continuous improvement projects, and conducting root cause analysis
- Experience in the technology or telecommunications industry
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.