Supporting our regional operations, you'll play a key role in ensuring our business runs smoothly and efficiently.
Your day-to-day will involve organisational work, data processing, analysis, proposal completion and ensuring data is secure. Naturally, you'll need an eye for detail and excellent organisational skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team. We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. And that means there's plenty to do in our Regional Administration team.
We are now looking to recruit a Trading Assistant to join our existing team at our Regional Head Office in Bolton.
Please note this is a fixed term contract commencing end of January 2019, to March 2020.
Responsibilities will include:
• Ordering of merchandise in line with stock levels, stock turnover and availability
• Becoming an expert in forecasting and demand planning for specific product categories
• Being responsible for a fixed set of products and varying ordering patterns according to many different factors (Key events, sales etc.)
• Achieving compliance with all internal and external guidelines and regulations
• Ensuring a cooperative working environment
• Minimising costs and reducing losses
• Liaising with internal departments, such as Corporate Buying, regarding product issues
• Updating relevant departments with information on product data in agreed formats
• Communicating with suppliers to ensure strong supplier performance
You will utilise your initiative and competence at all times to maintain high standards.
Ideally you will have worked in a purchasing role previously.
Working hours are 5 days per week, which will include Saturday working.
Due to the nature of role, you will be required to show flexibility in working days and hours based on the requirements of the department. This is particularly necessary during peak trading periods. The department is open on Bank Holidays and weekends and there will be a requirement to cover these days on rotating basis.