Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Welcome to Card Factory - and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores, Card Factory is really thriving. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination.
We are now looking to strengthen our existing Payroll team and are recruiting for a Retail Payroll Lead. The main purpose of this role is to manage the delivery of end to end payroll for the monthly retail payroll.Main Responsibilities
- Manage a team of 3 administrators to effectively deliver end to end payroll for over 7000 monthly paid colleagues across the UK and ROI
- Manage the information feed from My People (T&A) into Microsoft Excel, manipulate and import into Open People (Payroll)
- Monitor and investigate areas of concern in relation to My People and the correct use of the timesheet system
- Track hours to ensure all employees receive the correct hours from My People
- Process all fixed and variable pay elements accurately, including but not limited to, Overtime, Bonus Payments, Part month changes for Starters / Leavers and Leavers Holiday Pay
- Ensure all New Starters, Leavers and Changes are transferred onto Payroll accurately and on time
- Maintain employee record files and ensure that all employees are set up on the correct contract type, hours, pay and job title
- Maintain a sound awareness of Statutory Payments and Deductions
- Assist with Pension Scheme Administration including ensuring all communications are issued within the agreed timescales
- Ensure all Statutory Payroll Obligations are met including RTI submissions, HMRC Notifications and Payment Deadlines
- Process Attachment of Earnings Orders
- Manage the Monthly Salary Finance Scheme including Payments and Deductions
- Produce monthly reports for HR and Finance.
- Support the Group Payroll Manager on project work as and when required
- Ensure all customers both Internal and External are responded to in line with current SLAs
- Have experience coordinating all payrolls, including calculations, reporting and monthly processes;
- Be proficient and confident in Excel up to intermediate level;
- Have strong GDPR knowledge;
- Be an effective team leader;
- Have a flexible approach to working hours;
- Have knowledge of PAYE and National Insurance rates, limits and processes;
- Maintain knowledge of all statutory payments and deductions;
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 25 holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This role may involve out of hours and weekend working to support the business needs and the ideal candidate will hold a full clean driving license as travel between group sites may be required.
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.