Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Bravado who help make us the world’s leading music merchandise and brand management company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email UniversalMusicCareers@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Part of the Universal Music Group, Bravado lives at the crossroads of music and fashion. We understand the power of smart merchandising, and we know how to create products that spark organic, emotional connections between fans and artists. Our world class capabilities have made us the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and brand management services around the world. With teams in 40 countries, we create a tailored approach for every project; from creating new spaces in the market to bringing an artist’s creative vision to life. Bravado is about building brands and legacies that live on, beyond the music.
The Retail Merchandise Manager is predominantly responsible for overseeing and managing range building, budget planning and forecasting, inventory allocation and reporting for RS No 9 Carnaby, the world’ first Rolling Stones store and its e-Commerce business. However, ad-hoc projects covering stand-alone high street stores, shop in shops within department stores, and ecommerce sites plus Pop Up stores will be included in the remit Responsible for ensuring that Bravado’s artists products are available in our physical and virtual stores for the consumers and fans alike.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Managing budgets and forecasts with internal finance, retail and sales teams.
- Managing the process of orders and product allocation to stores.
- Liaising with production to ensure delivery of all orders.
- Achieve set KPI’s and meet all deadlines, with efficiency and a high level of attention to detail.
- Working with US Brand Management to ensure we have the right allocation of product at the right time
- Forecasting for internal Depts. and teams.
- Delivering budgeted monthly sales numbers, across revenue and margin targets.
- Provide key data and information, for the creation of seasonal range plans.
- Updating weekly and monthly sales reports.
- In season trading to ensure all categories are performing at optimum levels, re-forecasting sales using WSSI’s, constantly monitoring intakes, OTB position and terminal stocks across the business.
- Create, plan and execute promotions and price lists.
- Proposition of promotions and mark-down activity.
- Analyse and monitor best and worst sellers and make informed recommendations for action.
- Provide detailed end of season sales reports and data in order to provide pre-buy analysis and ensure commercial input into range planning.
- Key contact for all analysis across retail channels.
- Plan and present the sales, margin, closing stock and stock-turn budget and forecasts on a weekly basis.
- Ownership of merchandising analysis and for delivering sell-through reports across retail channels.
- Regular meetings with Supply Chain team to keep updated on approvals and product development.
- Regular meetings with Store Teams and other depts. To understand sales patterns, trends and consumer demand.
- Work and communicate effectively with the wider Bravado team and key Universal Music Group stakeholders to deliver on all department KPIs.
- Liaise with internal depts. to deliver product ranges at retail that meet the needs of the consumer for key artist and their brand campaigns and activities.
- Understand our consumer, by keeping on top of competitors, retail, consumer and product trends and presenting and communicating findings to the wider Bravado team.
- Demonstrable experience in Merchandising or Product Management role within clothing, footwear or accessories. Ideally within a Branded organisation, or High Street retailer.
- Proven track record of planning forecasting & budgeting. Can create effective plans, working on ways to achieve them with predictability & orderly results.
- Strong analytical skills, very high level of proficiency of Excel.
- Can build a long-term annual plan; and deliver and execute against by achieving short-term tasks.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to make rational judgements from the available information, by demonstrating an inquisitive and analytical approach.
- Can perform under pressure and operate in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Highly Analytical.
- Collaborative and supportive, works well autonomously and as part of a team.
- Goal and target driven and focused. Wants to win and achieve as part of the team. Breaks down barriers and overcomes challenges to deliver results.
- Knowledge of UK High Street retail landscape, understanding of differing consumer profiles.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the
jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.