We currently have a number of fantastic opportunities to join M&S at both Commercial Management and Foodhall Store Management.
At M&S, we focus relentlessly on delivering top quality products to our customers. That much has never changed. Our attention to detail and passion for improvement has led to the creation of some of the nation’s most loved products. But the world is changing fast, and we’re changing with it. M&S is transforming to become more relevant, more often, to our existing customers, and appeal to new ones too. We’re setting bolder goals and giving our people the space and resources to achieve them. From placing M&S at the forefront of the digital revolution to deliver for customers - existing and new, there’s never been a more exciting time to join us. Because being part of our journey today quite simply means shaping the future of our business.
As an M&S Retail Manager, we are looking for strong communication skills, a great track record and the ability to influence and inspire a team. We will be looking for you to show us a strong drive and vision, particularly with regards to how you’d go about supporting moving a store forward. A real commercial instinct, a business management mindset and a passion for high performance will all be vital ingredients to your success - and ours.
About the role
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Demonstrate ability to influence the strategy and direction of your chosen business unit as well as build relationships with our senior retail leaders in their functions
- Display a positive and proactive approach to lead change
- You will be expected to be adaptable to the demands and plan objectives promptly, with minimal impact to your customer
- Ability to work as part of a diverse and experienced store team and be confident to challenge peers and work collaboratively
- Consistently demonstrate a customer first mind-set, role modelling the correct behaviours and always looking for opportunities to improve things
- Able to analyse and interpret a variety of commercial information and apply a profitable mind-set. Continuously thinking of ways to drive sales, manage costs and add value
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential in order to effectively feedback to Head Office colleagues, senior stakeholders and equally inspire a store team
- High attention to detail, as well as a visual eye is required to deliver the expected shop floor and backstage standards in store and achievement
Your skills and experience will include:
- Strong communication skills across all levels, including Senior Stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate personal resilience to achieve great results
- Confidence to influence and empower others to deliver
- The ability to lead your team through change
- Consistently demonstrate a customer first mind-set, role modelling the correct behaviors and always looking for opportunities to improve and drive efficiencies
- Highly self-motivated and enjoy working with own initiative
- Able to demonstrate financial awareness and a profitable mind-set, continuously thinking of ways to drive sales, manage costs and add value
If you are an experienced Leader looking for new challenge in an exciting, fast-paced environment - we would love to hear from you!