Retail General Assistant
Harlow Carr Harrogate HG3 1QB
P/T 22.5hrs/week or F/T 37.5hrs/week (both shift patterns inc alternate weekends)
We are looking to recruit two Retail General Assistants to join our friendly team. As a General Assistant you will assist the team to deliver the highest levels of customer engagement and service, sharing with our customers our knowledge, passion for plants, gifts and gardening to maximise sales and achieve agreed budgets.
Overview of the role:
- Deliver excellent levels of customer engagement and service at all times, to the agreed RHS Retail service standard, ensuring we share our passion for plants, gifts and gardening with every customer.
- Help to achieve our retail income budgets through customer engagement, offering advice and upselling to all customers.
- Replenish and maintain stock presentation on the sales floor to agreed levels and with inspiring visual display standards.
- Deliver a memorable and efficient till transaction, which will include an upsell, conversation with the customer and a genuine farewell.
- Assist in all retail operational areas within the plant centre and shop.
- To meet the criteria listed on the Retail Career Progression Framework for General Assistant
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of working in a customer focused environment
- Experience of working in a retail environment
- Experience of delivering customer service to a high level
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work using own initiative
- For more than 210 years the Royal Horticultural Society has been the force behind the nation’s gardening. Our charitable purpose is to inspire passion and excellence in the science, art and practice for horticulture. Our vision is to enrich everyone’s life through plants, and make the UK a greener and more beautiful place. As a charity, the RHS aims to inspire a wide range of audiences by demonstrating the wonders of gardening through all that we do including gardens and shows, in our publications and online, and through our work in the community.
The RHS provides a number of great benefits for employees including:
- Free access to all RHS Gardens, Shows and Libraries
- 25 days holiday (increasing 28 and 30 with service) and option to buy/sell
- Monthly Garden Magazine and access to Horticultural advice
- Sponsorship for External Studies
It’s never been more exciting time to join the Royal Horticultural Society. We are making a landmark £160 million investment in the future of horticulture over the next 10 years. This will allow us to bring the joy of gardening to millions more people and make some of the most significant and exciting changes in the history. Join us and be part of the history.
To apply please visit our website via the link.