We are looking to recruit a new retail assistant for our shop in Halifax, West Yorkshire. We offer a permanent part time position working a variety of shifts including some early morning starts, 2 days from 7 each week.
Pay, working hours & benefits:
The amount that you will earn depends on your age:
- Aged 16 to 20 - £6.55 per hour
- Aged 21 to 24 - £8.30 per hour
- Aged 25 or over - £8.82 per hour
You will be guaranteed a minimum of 8 hours work per week and if you’re looking to earn a bit more then overtime may be available.
In addition to your pay you will also benefit from:
- 6 weeks holiday each year.
- Award winning induction training.
- 15% staff discount to use in any of our 300+ shops on a great range of food and household essentials.
- A smart uniform.
- Free life assurance.
As one of our retail assistants you will:
- Make all of our customers feel welcome with a friendly smile and simple hello.
- Help customers find the items that they are looking for.
- Give a fast and friendly service at the tills, always offering help to pack and leaving a good impression with a friendly thank you and goodbye.
- Handle stock with care whilst working deliveries, quickly placing products into our freezers and onto our shelves ready for our customers to buy.
- Work with the rest of your team to complete the daily and weekly routines that keep our shops safe, clean and tidy.
You will need:
- A friendly, positive, hard working approach to work.
- To enjoy being busy as there is always something to do. You’ll jump from putting out deliveries to serving on the till, helping customers on the shop floor, completing important cleaning and stock rotation routines and more!
- To be reliable as you will be an important part of a small team. Your colleagues and customers will depend upon to do your best on each shift and not let the team down.
- A bit of flexibility when it comes to your shifts. When other members of your team are off enjoying their holidays, we may need you to work slightly different hours to cover for them. Rota’s are planned three weeks in advance and your commitments outside of work will always be taken into consideration when planning your shifts.
More than just a job:
Many people come to us for a part time job to earn a bit of money whilst they are studying at school, college or university and others find that it fits in well around other commitments like raising a family.
If you decide to stick around then there are many opportunities for a career at Farmfoods. We have some great training programmes and only promote to Shop and Area Manager positions from within. Many people in management and central services positions at Farmfoods started their careers in our shops, so this could be the start of a rewarding career for you.
A bit about us:
Farmfoods are a family business with ambition. We pride ourselves on offering our customers great value, quality products from clean and tidy shops with the friendliest team in retail.
We aim to offer sensational value to customers on a great range of everyday family oriented goods. We back up our sensational value with a focus on delivering an ‘old fashioned’, genuine and friendly customer experience.
Our Retail Assistants are very important. They each serve hundreds of customers each week and have the reputation of Farmfoods in their hands. To our customers, they are Farmfoods.