|Job Title||Restructuring Senior Manager - London|
|Service Line Information||In Restructuring our clients and wider stakeholders vary considerably and include corporates (from mid-market to blue-chip), lawyers, hedge funds, lenders, PE houses, and public sector organisations. |
Our service offerings develop in line with market demands and include advice on:
- Insolvency - both execution and advisory
- Exit planning and implementation
- Cash management - both crisis and strategic
- Lender advisory
- Corporate financial restructuring
- Operational restructuring, including turnaround, planning and implementation
- Impaired loan advisory services
- Chief restructuring officers
- Insurance solutions - insolvency services aimed exclusively at insurance companies.
|KPMG Overview||KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.|
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
The team of trusted advisors offer a full range of services to stressed and distressed businesses, ranging from formal insolvency through to advising profitable businesses on enhancing value and solving issues.
The London National Markets Restructuring team, where the vacancy exists, is made up of approximately 60 people, led by a team of 7 partners and directors.
The team delivers a blend of stakeholder / lender side advisory work, company side advisory and formal insolvency.
The work services a full spectrum of businesses from small owner managed corporates through to large multinationals and also a wide range of work with public sector organisations, all typically experiencing some form of stress or distress.
The team is not aligned to specific sectors and specialisms, however there are individuals with significant experience in certain areas and situations and we would welcome this in applicants. Applicants however should expect to work across all sectors as situations and client demand.
The National Markets Restructuring team in London are looking for a Senior Manager to join the team. The home office will be CSQ, London, however, we usually work at client sites which can be based in and around the London regions, stretching to the East, South and Midlands. Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit individuals’ base locations, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required.
The role will involve working across a range of assignment types as highlighted above, and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
Roles and Responsibilities
To be an effective Senior Manager within the London National Markets team and in this role specifically you will undertake the following:
- Build strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders in engagements (including solicitors and contacts at Banks and other lenders);
- Manage teams of colleagues working on engagements, ensuring effective delegation and also multiple work stream delivery;
- Manage engagements and projects to scope, time, quality and budget complying with KPMG engagement management practices;
- Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for businesses and their stakeholders, which in certain instances may involve consideration of formal insolvency processes;
- Communicate views and insights (both in writing and verbally) in an effective and compelling manner to clients and KPMG colleagues, able to adjust style to circumstances;
- Lead the design and development of client ready deliverables with minimal Director and Partner input;
- Identify, design and lead practice development initiatives, coordinating other members of the team;
- Coach and develop team members providing high quality developmental feedback;
- Identify opportunities for the wider firm;
- Significant involvement in business development activities, including developing pitches and proposals to win new work.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Accountancy qualification;
- Demonstrable experience in leading workstreams within a Restructuring environment, ideally on a mix of both advisory and insolvency assignments.
- Ability to work innovatively and ‘self start’
- Knowledge of Restructuring’s full service taxonomy and how these services can be offered to our clients. Experience and knowledge of insolvency law and processes is particularly beneficial
- Experience at advising and working alongside a range of stakeholders, including lenders, shareholders, corporates and internal KPMG stakeholders;
- Significant experience in the insolvency market.
- Strong commercial and business acumen, with evidence of experience
- Desire to build on existing skillsets and develop additional knowledge of all Restructuring offerings
- Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with.
|Our Deal||If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally. |
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
|Flexible Working||While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands. |
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
|Applying with a Disability||KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.|
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy