We want you to get off to the best start with us so we are giving you £250 when you first start with us and then when you are settled in in 6 months’ time we will give you an extra £250 for your hard work!
Our children's home in March are seeking a Residential Support Worker to strengthen their support team.
Are you hard working and looking to progress with a career in Residential Childcare?
Can you be an understanding and motivating role model to support our young people to achieve their full potential?
Our Residential Support Worker get involved with:
- Being the young person’s champion and as part of the wider team strive to ensure that they achieve their aspirations and full potential
- Managing the well-being and behaviour of young people ensuring behaviour's are addressed promptly and sensitively
- Supporting the young people in daily activities including family contact, attending local clubs, 1:1 activities in the community, promoting independence and social behaviour
- Attending reviews and liaising with external agencies and advocating their needs
- Supporting and encouraging educational engagement and attainment including homework and behavioural support within the education setting.
A Level 3 Residential Childcare qualification is desirable but not essential for this role. Due to the location of the Home near March, you would need to be a driver and have your own car.
We use a rota system to ensure the young people in our home get the care they need. As a Support Worker in our home, you can expect the following shifts; two longs days on shift followed by three days off, on average you will have 15 days off over a 28 day roster.
- Priory Perks reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Pension scheme
- We cover the cost of your enhanced disclosure check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Employee recognition scheme.
Priory Education and Children’s Services is a leading company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
Rated “Outstanding” by Ofsted, our children’s home is situated between March and Peterborough in North Cambridgeshire. It’s a 5 bedded therapeutic unit for males aged 11-18 with SEBD. We seek to provide a safe and understanding ethos in which the young person can be assisted to address their behaviours and to take responsibility for their own actions. The emphasis of the work is by way of intervention and to challenge the inappropriate behaviour through a holistic therapeutic approach.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.