We are looking for passionate, energetic and aspirational individuals to join our team as a Residential Support Worker.
Are you hard working and looking to progress with a career in Residential Childcare?
Can you be an understanding and motivating role model to support our young people to achieve their full potential?
Our Residential Support Workers are key members of our team, providing high standards of person-centred support and care to our young people. Through a creative and caring approach, our staff build good relationships with our young people, supporting them to achieve their potential whilst exploring new opportunities and interests.
This role attracts an annual salary of £17,683.16 plus sleep in allowance and overtime if desired.
Due to the rural location of the home near Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, the successful candidate will need to hold a full driving license.
As a Residential Support Worker, you will:
- Be the young person’s champion and as part of the wider team strive to ensure that they achieve their aspirations and full potential
- Manage the well-being and behaviour of young people ensuring behaviour's are addressed promptly and sensitively
- Support young people in daily activities including family contact, attending local clubs, 1:1 activities in the community, promoting independence and social behaviour
- Be assigned a key child and play a pivotal role in their day to day life including attending reviews and liaising with external agencies and advocating their needs
- Support and encourage educational engagement and attainment including homework and behavioural support within the education setting.
Successful applicants will ideally have previous experience of working with young people with challenging behaviour.
We use a rota system to ensure the young people in our home get the care they need. This may include working some weekends and bank holidays.
- Priory Perks reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Pension scheme
- We cover the cost of your enhanced disclosure check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Employee recognition scheme.
Priory Education and Children’s Services is a leading company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
Our children's home is in a very rural setting, with a cattle farm adjacent to the property which is home to livestock. It is registered for two young people who have historically not responded well to conventional educational provisions, children’s home or foster placements.
Our home is located 10 minutes from Llanelli, 20 minutes from Swansea (Wales’ second largest city) as well as within driving distance from the Gower, Brecon Beacons and Pembrokeshire.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.