We currently require a Residential Deputy Manger to join our team at The Martlets
You will report into the Registered Manager, playing an important part of the onsite management team. You will support the manager in leading and supervising a large staff team to deliver the highest standards of care. This role is central in maintaining and further developing our care principles, which centre on 'wellness, happiness, and kindness'.
As well as being responsible for certain operational areas, you will also take a significant role in the management of the staff team. You will be dealing daily with issues concerning sickness management, staff training and development, and coaching and mentoring. You will have an effective way of communicating with your team, and above all, act as a champion for everything that you do.
Shaw healthcare own and operate a variety of care settings across the UK. We employee over 4000 employees, all of which have a stake in our business. Being 90% employee owned helps us deliver outstanding result from which everyone can benefit.
- To assist the Service Manager in providing leadership to staff in order to deliver the highest possible quality of care within a safe working and living environment
- To lead the nursing teams to provide high quality, person centred care and support in way which promotes: dignity; privacy; safety and independence and which promotes equality & diversity for everyone living and working in the Service.
- To support the Service Manager to manage the effective use of resources, including those which impact on the financial performance of the Service, and maintain high levels of occupancy.
- To comply with all regulatory and legislative requirements at all times.
- To ensure the smooth and effective running of the transitional unit within the home and liaise with external health professionals.
- To provide Leadership and supervision within the Service
- Will have full accountability for Infection Control implementation and audit throughput the service.
- To be a good role model for all employees, being approachable and providing a regular presence and visibility with all levels of employees.
- To monitor and maintain standards of nursing and care provision within the Service in line with Shaw healthcare’s Vision “To provide the quality of care we would want for our loved ones”; policies and procedures.
- To effectively manage the transitional unit and ensure that the admissions and discharges are as per the contract and liaise with external Health professionals.
- To support the Service Manager with recruitment activities and to support new employees to be ‘onboarded’ fully and comprehensively
- To conduct regular reviews with new employees during their probationary period.
- To ensure all employees are effectively supervised as per policy and annually appraised and that the required standards of performance are being achieved using the approved tools provided.
- To ensure that all employees are mentored effectively to succeed in their roles and that mentors are appropriately briefed, trained and directed.
- To ensure complaints and suggestions are positively actioned and dealt with correctly, within the prescribed timescales.
- To support the Service Manager to achieve culture change and build and sustain employee engagement.
- In the absence of the Service Manager, to provide robust leadership within the Service and to escalate, without delay, issues which require more Senior support.
- To understand the legal requirements of the prevailing care and other relevant legislation and ensure the Unit complies; sharing best practice with other Unit Managers appropriately.
- To have a full understanding and working knowledge of all Shaw healthcare policies and procedures and ensure that all these policies are applied at all times.
- To ensure that the rota complies with the staffing ratio, meets the needs of the Service Users and that additional resources are not used without appropriate planning and authorisation.
- To be aware of the statutory obligations and understand how the Service meets them (e.g. environmental health, health and safety).
- To liaise effectively with Central Support Services, building good working relationships, as required for the good operation of the Service.
- To work as the infection control lead for the whole home and work with both internal and external partners to ensure high standards are adhered to.
- To ensure the security and confidentially of records and information relating to the Unit
As a Deputy Manager you will need to have demonstrable experience supporting elderly service users, preferably those with dementia
Within Shaw healthcare you can expect not just an exceptional and extensive benefits package as listed below, you will also get satisfaction of doing genuinely rewarding work.
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours / pro rata) inclusive of bank holidays
- Full paid induction programme
- subsidised meals
- Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career
- Continuous training, mandatory and specialised
- Salary scales and progression with internal promotions available, we are a large organisation!
- Enhanced pay for working Christmas and Boxing day & Bank Holidays
- Long service awards
- Recognition programme
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Employee discount scheme
- Discounted reloadable cards and high street vouchers
- e-vouchers, access instant savings on your mobile device
- Holiday discounts & days out with discounts up to 60%
- Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year & a Health & Wellbeing portal