A globally recognised clean energy provider based in Guildford is currently seeking a Research Scientist to join and lead their early-stage technical projects. As Research Scientist, you will take a primary role in leading the development of numerous key projects whilst having the ability to communicate effectively across business functions and key stakeholders.
* Lead the management and development and of a number of these key projects.
* Plan & execute laboratory-based technical testing programmes to answer fundamental electrochemistry questions, issues and knowledge gaps.
* Develop new procedures when necessary and train staff in using them.
* Manage the day-to-day relationships with external stakeholders and project partners, keeping a regular flow of communication as necessary.
* Ensuring that all the work conducted is extensively and accurately reported.
* Ensure a positive working environment, with fluent and regular communication with team members and other stakeholders.
* Participate in team meetings, discussions and reviews, preparing and presenting updates as required.
* Complete background reading and literature-based research on relevant topics when necessary.
* You must possess a PhD level qualification from a recognised university.
* Previous experience with electrochemistry/electrocatalysts/batteries. Practical experience of electrochemical testing (cyclic voltammetry, a.c. impedance spectroscopy) is highly desirable.
* Have successfully lead and managed technical projects.
* Have been involved in multinational and/or multidisciplinary collaborations.
* Experience managing key internal and external relationships.
* Ability to present and communicate data.
In return the company can provide an excellent platform to work on breakthrough technology and scope to progress inc. Competitive Salary £38k-£40k + benefits.
£38,000.00 - £40,000.00 per year