Kinetic Energy Operations Limited is currently looking for an experienced Electrochemist to complement their existing Research & Development Team, at Westlakes Science and Technology Park in Cumbria.
This role involves the development and research of semiconductor materials and the deposition of thin films using electrochemical methods. Candidates will also be expected to fully characterise the films that have been deposited using various analytical processes. The ideal candidate will hold a degree or PhD in chemistry, electrochemistry or materials science.
Main Responsibilities of the role include:
- Lab based work to deposit thin films using electrochemical methods.
- Development of processes from a small scale and up to pilot scale.
- Liaison with R&D, project and production teams to gather data, report progress, write up new processes and hand over for pilot scale production.
- Deliver accurate and clear reports to the R&D team.
- Write Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) for system testing.
- Train other staff in newly developed techniques.
Skills, Experience & Attributes required:
- Experience with electrochemical characterisation techniques, including voltammetry and three electrode cells.
- Familiarity with materials and surface characterisation techniques.
- Experienced electrochemist or materials scientist with electrochemical processes knowledge.
- Knowledge of application testing and quality control testing of materials.
- Handling of large data sets and generation of high-quality reports.
- Excellent problem-solver, with record of achievement in a R&D environment.
- Evidence of ability to translate research output into solutions to real world engineering problems.
- Demonstrate ability to work both independently and in collaboration with a team, possessing excellent attention to detail and commitment to work in a conscientious and safe manner.
- Strong aptitude in using Excel, Microsoft Office and PowerPoint, to analyse data, write comprehensive and coherent reports and deliver presentations with clarity.
- Experience in writing scientific reports, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), implementing Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) control measuresand performing Risk Assessments.
Kinetic Energy Australia has established our Research and Development operation on the prestigious Westlakes Science & Technology Park in Cumbria. Our Vision is, “Unlimited Power for Our Generation”. We are in a phase of early stage development and plan to list on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) – Market board during 2019/20. For more information on Kinetic, visit: www.kineticenergy.net.au