THIS ADVERT HAS BEEN PLACED BY MAGRATH SHELDRICK LLP ON BEHALF OF AUTOLUS LIMITED. EMPLOYMENT WILL BE WITH AUTOLUS LIMITED.
Job reference: AUT/10/19
Job title: Research Associate – Clinical Biomarkers, Translational Research
Posting date: 20/11/2019
Closing date: 18/12/2019
Autolus is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing next-generation, programmed T cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. Using a broad suite of proprietary and modular T cell programming technologies. The company is engineering precisely targeted, controlled and highly active T cell therapies that are designed to better recognise cancer cells, break down their defence mechanisms and eliminate these cells. Autolus has a pipeline of product candidates in development for the treatment of haematological malignancies and solid tumours.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hands-on analysis of clinical samples by flow cytometry, qPCR and multiplex cytokine analysis
- Assist with routine laboratory and equipment maintenance
- Follow appropriate regulatory standards for the receipt, processing and storage of clinical samples and reporting of data
- Assist in the development of Flow cytometry and cell-based assays to characterise CAR T cell products
- Maintain accurate and clearly written laboratory notebooks to the standard required for legal requirements, regulatory filings, publications, and patent filings
- Any other duties as required following consultation with the post holder
- The post-holder will be responsible for adhering to all health and safety guidance, provided by the Company
E – Essential
P – Preferred
- Experience working in a laboratory in a Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology company, or as a Biomedical Scientist/MLSO (E)
- Experience in flow cytometry, qPCR, Cytokine analysis (E)
- Experience in molecular and cell biology techniques and experimentation (E)
- Experience in immunology and/or cancer biology (E)
- Experience of working in a regulated environment e.g. to GCLP (P)
- MSc educated (2:1 minimum) or equivalent in Biology/Biochemistry or related discipline (E)
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to present results clearly and logically, working co-operatively as part of a team as well as independently (E)
- Good attention to detail and ability to accurately follow SOPs (E)
- Ability to identify and implement solutions (E)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (E)
- Flexible, self-motivated and focus on team outcomes (E)
- Commitment to high quality work (E)
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter to R.Chapman@autolus.com
The closing date for applications is 18 December 2019. Successful applicants will be contacted for interview.
It is important that you read Magrath Sheldrick LLP’s privacy terms and understand how we process data and monitor communications. Please click this link or paste the link into your browser to see our Privacy Notice: https://www.magrath.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Magrath-Privacy-Notice-Adverts.pdf.