Purpose of role:
The Print room Operator is responsible for delivering a first-class experience with fast, friendly service with high-quality product to customers. The role-holder is responsible for the accurate completion of all tasks, delivered within the agreed service levels, they will deliver a high level of customer service and help build client confidence by providing a flexible and responsive service that exceeds expectations where possible.
To reproduce high quality documents to exact client specifications
- Full understanding of workflow processes and procedures
- Actively support the client's environmental, consistency and security policies
- Alongside meeting Service Level Agreement (SLA) obligations
- Booking out of hours couriers
- Monitor and replenish the consumables for all printers
- Calibrate all machines daily to ensure machine colour quality is kept to the optimum
- Ensuring pride in work completed to the fastest, highest quality, including quality checking
- Assist in mail room, completing tasks as advised by your manager
- Reporting issues as per procedure and escalating issues to team leader
- Undertake additional duties as requested by management.
- Develop positive and professional relationships with customers
- Create and maintain the highest levels of customer confidence by offering a flexible and responsive service, exceeding expectations where possible
- Take ownership for problems and ensure customer feedback and complaints are dealt with efficiently, with support from line management
- Develop an excellent understanding of the customer's business and ensure that Williams Lea Tag delivers a service in line with their objectives
- Actively support the client's environmental, quality and security policies
Advising where appropriate on the best method of production and cost savings
- To ensure all possible deadlines are achieved and managed in conformance with SLA
Support and actively participate in the positive performance review process
- Establish credibility, communicating effectively ensuring a two-way process for sharing information
- Foster a culture of excellence within the team by acting as a role model and driving best practice
- Take ownership for personal development
- Foster a constructive team working environment and "one team" ethos
- Become a valued member of the team supporting colleagues to achieve results
- Encourage a positive, courteous and productive working environment
- Competent with Fiery Command workstation front end.
- Competent with print drivers
- Competent with Microsoft Office tools; Word and PowerPoint and Outlook emails.
- Basic knowledge of Abode creative suite
- Comfortable with email tools and digital telephone.
- Competent with Wire and comb binding (magna punch and manual closers)
- Competent using a guillotine
- Knowledgeable about routine maintenance and upkeep of equipment
- Motivated with "can do" attitude
- Ability to work alone or collaboratively
- High level of customer focus - proactive approach to service delivery and client satisfaction
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and confidence to communicate at all levels
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workload and to work under pressure
- Able to multitask
- Possess a critical eye in terms of accuracy
- Able to judge accurately when issues should be escalated to line managers
- A willing and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to be motivated to work as part of a team
- Punctual and flexible to cover shifts where required
So, if this looks like the role for you, why not click apply today!
Please note successful applicants will be invited to attend a registration where you will be asked to provide 5-year address and undergo a 5-year employment/academic history check as well as criminal record, financial probity and international sanctions checks due to the nature of the client business. Should you foresee any issues with these checks please discuss at registration or by phone as soon as possible.
This is a temporary position.
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Employee Events
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
£9.50 - £9.50 per hour