- We are seeking an experiencedbanker to help us develop and grow our Private Banking business across theNorth West of England.
- The role holder will beprincipally based in the Manchester office but is expected to work flexibly andremotely across the North West of England. They will report to the RegionalHead, North and Midlands.
- When this role is filled, theteam in the North West will comprise 2 Relationship managers
- The target market for the roleholder will be UK Resident and UK Domiciled clients with investable assets ofbetween %245m and %2430m.
- The principal purpose is toprovide wealth management services to these high-net-worth individual clientsthrough the marketing of HSBC Private Bank services.
- It is a requirement toestablish new client relationships and manage existing clients in order togenerate new Assets Under Management (AUM) and increase overall portfoliorevenues.
- The role holder will achievethis via a mixture of internal referrals as well as self generating leads fromtheir own external introducer network
- The role holder will work alongside Investment Specialists, Strategic Financial Planners and Credit Specialists to deliver outstanding service and product solutions to the clients of HSBC Private Bank in Scotland
- Grow revenue, increase AUM of portfolio and increase inflows of net new money (NNM), achieving growth by leveraging brand, internal collaboration channels and RM’s own referral network.
- Has regular contact andmeetings with clients.
- Provides support to client’sportfolio management.
- Works with the InvestmentSpecialist to ensures the client’s objectives are met through the portfolioallocation.
- Ensures clients understand andare aware of their level of risk.
- With the InvestmentSpecialist, reviews portfolios on a regular basis and develops client’sprofitability.
- Identifies opportunities tomeet the credit needs of clients seeking secured and unsecured loans for avariety of purposes.
- Resolve basic enquiries,answers questions and provides documentation on client activities.
- Delivers fair outcomes for ourclients and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operationof financial markets.
- Identifies client’s financialplanning needs and makes introductions to the Strategic Financial Planning(SFP) team.
- Lead by example through financial results with excellent corporate behaviour.
- Provide assistance to fellow Relationship Managers.
- Bring motivation and support to the Regional Head.
- Work closely with other Bank Departments.
- Works closely with other Bank Departments to maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Ensures follow-up on all risk and compliance issues (such as CCR, KYC, Compliance requests, Risk Management requests, Internal Audit requests).
- Minimize operational losses
- Highly organized with a willingness to workunder own supervision and remote from immediate line manager.
- Manage a portfolio of between 10 and 50 familyRelationships.
- Ability to travel to meet clients and internalstakeholders.
- Manage own time to meet demanding new clientacquisition objectives.
- Represent the Private Bank with internalstakeholders and in the professional community across the North West of England
- Work as part of a highly effective client team.
Observation of InternalControls
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able todemonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Groupcompliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevantfinancial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keepingappropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation ofinternal and external audit points, including issues raised by externalregulators.
- The following statement is only for roles withmanagerial or specific Compliance responsibilities
- The jobholder will implement measures tocontain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved byliaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliestopportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are inplace and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimisingrelations with regulators.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment ofour customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as anorganisation.
- This will be achieved by consistentlydisplaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture andadhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification andescalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to pointsraised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing andmitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing theseresponsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal controlstructure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder shouldensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, andact accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timelymanner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML,Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of BusinessProcedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with thecore principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- The following statement is only for roles withcore responsibilities in Operational Risk Management (Risk Owner, ControlOwner, Risk Steward, BRCM, and Operational Risk Function
- The jobholder has responsibility for overseeingand ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the GroupStandards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards. The jobholder should comply with the detailedexpectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational riskmanagement through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, andthrough using the Operational Risk Management Framework appropriately to managethose risks.
- This will be achieved by:
- Continuously reassessing risks associated withthe role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic ormarket conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures andpractices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihoodof operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction withRisk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resultingfrom points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, arecorrectly implemented in a timely fashion.
Knowledge &Experience / Qualifications
- Investment advisory and relationship managementexperience gained within a UK Private Banking business.
- Excellent knowledge of investment productsolutions and the UK regulatory environment.
- RDR Level 6 qualification is a minimumrequirement of the role.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonalskills.
- Experience of managing the demands of seniorinternal stakeholders.
We are a diverse workforce and it is part of ourorganizational culture, it reflects our belief that diversity of thought,background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization. We strive toimplement a culture that is inclusive, diverse, positive andperformance-oriented. Having a diverse workforce allows us to benefit from avariety of perspectives and strengthens our local and globalcompetitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage allqualified candidates to apply from a variety of perspectives and strengthensour local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforceand encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
As a business operatingin markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for ourcustomers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to beingan inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualifiedapplicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, genderidentity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to beable to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexibleworking arrangements and family friendly policies.