The role: We are looking for a Regulatory Legal Counsel to join our department team in London.
As a Group, Flutter operates some of the world’s most innovative, diverse, and distinctive sports betting and gaming brands. PokerStars, Sky Betting and Gaming, Paddy Power, Betfair, FOX Bet , Sportsbet, TVG, Oddschecker and more.
You will be a lawyer who will be heavily involved in advising on the legal and regulatory issues relating to Flutter’s global business!
Are you our next star player?
You will report to Senior Legal Counsel, Flutter International Division.
The successful candidate will show a willingness to engage not only in legal matters but also engage in policy issues with a view to acquiring successful outcomes. The areas of legal work will involve litigious and non-litigious matters and will involve working with external lawyers and government affairs consultancies.
Why we need you
Our sector is fast paced, technology driven and highly regulated. As a result, our International Division’s L&R Affairs team enjoys the challenge of sophisticated, multi-jurisdictional work within a wide range of regulatory frameworks. As a global company that is recently undertaken a major merger; operates across three continents; and, has major growth ambitions, there are many opportunities to develop. You will also be part of a team responsible for securing workable regulatory conditions for Flutter’s international business and managing its legal risk profile.
Who we’re looking for?
Candidates shall have experience in the following areas:
- Handling regulatory, competition, financial services or or litigation/administrative law matters;
- Taking care of regulators (either in-house or in private practice) as well as some evidence of experience in advising in relation to regulated industries (e.g gambling, telecoms, utilities);
- As a large part of the role will also relate to international L&R matters, experience of cross-border legal issues will be an advantage;
- Some experience with industry compliance matters desirable;
- Interest in gambling law;
- Desire to forge a career in an in-house legal department and to branch out and do a mixture of work to include advising the business on international legal risk, handling litigation, advising on gambling regulation and future compliance with licensing regimes;
- Some travel needed;
- Languages would be an advantage (but not crucial) with proficiency in Spanish, Portuguese, or German particularly useful.
- Training and post-qualification experience at a good law firm.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to London.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner, and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- £1,000 as a congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks, and drinks in the office
- annual travel loans
- subsidised massage sessions
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
Flutter Entertainment Plc is a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.