Requisition ID: 17270
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Regulatory Compliance Specialist to join our team in Crawley, UK. At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace training, networking and mentoring.
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
The Logistics Assistant will be responsible for import and exports of worldwide shipments, ensuring all activities are undertaken to maximise levels of customer satisfaction and in strict compliance with export and other shipping regulations.
- Arranging import and export shipments via Air freight, Sea freight & Road freight
- Raising Chamber of Commerce/customs documentation including legalisation of documents, managing online forms for the efficient, cost effective and lawful execution of all import/export activities.
- Liaising with Freight Forwarders and Couriers to make Logistic bookings, review costs and services for freight forwarders and approval of freight invoices supplied by the carriers
- Ensure correct clearance information is provided to any agents handling company imports with customs
- Maintain and share with colleagues as appropriate, personal knowledge of all relevant import/export law and procedures; tariffs and duties; licenses and restrictions
- Work to tight deadlines, respond to internal & external client priorities and work schedules
- Ensure re-export of products are processed in compliant with the rules and regulations depending on reason of export, i.e. repair, FOC warranty, exhibition
- Liaising with Head/Regional offices in Europe, South and North America, and the Far East
- Communicate with related authorities, internal & external customers and suppliers, in all relevant territories and countries, as necessary to ensure efficient, positive and lawful relations, support and activities
- Handling Hazardous Export shipments
- Tracking and tracing consignments through to arrival
- Liaising with internal and external customers to resolve any shipping issues which may arise
- Clear understanding of current INCOTERMS
- Packing of consignments, which includes palletising consignments
- Loading and offloading collection/delivery vehicles, and maintain records accordingly
- Receiving goods into the company, and closing out P/O’s on in-house system
- Maintain records of all logistics operations onto in-house database
- Approve supplier invoices and challenge any inaccuracies
- Represent the Logistics Manager in their absence as required
- Extensive export compliance experience with UK and EU regulations and knowledge of US export controls within an international context
- Up to date knowledge of ATA Carnet, applying for Certificates of Origin, applying for export licenses, EUR1 Forms and CCVO’s
- Excellent IT skills, ideally with experience of internal systems and tools including MS Office, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and a high level of MS Excel experience, plus if possible, Google mail, sheets & documents, but training will be provided.
- Good task/time management skills will be required, as are self-motivation skills
- Ability to work to deadline and prioritise will be required and ability to communicate at a good level internally and across departments
- Proven record of achievement and ability with emphasis on air freight processes, customer services, administration and financial awareness
- Customer service and communication skills are required
- Proven organisational skills
- Attention to details skills will be required
- Must have hands on approach
- Team player
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other protected status.