At OSD Healthcare, we pride ourselves on providing outstanding patient care. Our flagship outpatient, dental, physio and diagnostic facility based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, features state-of-the-art equipment and an exceptional, quality environment for patients and staff.
We are currently putting the finishing touches to our brand new Ambulatory Surgical Unit which will open shorlty and will have a 9 bedded day case ward.
Situated in Hemel Hempstead with free on-site parking and easy access to the M1 and M25, this is a unique opportunity to join a growing organisation to shape our services to deliver the outstanding care we are dedicated to providing for our patients.
- To deliver safe, effective and evidence-based nursing care to patients and their families within the Ambulatory Surgical Unit ward.
- To work closely with the multidisciplinary team to achieve/maintain an outstanding, patient-focused service.
- To provide support/ education to more junior members of staff and supervise Healthcare Assistants.
To act as a shift leader or deputise for the Ward Manager, as required.
- To demonstrate sound knowledge and high standards of clinical practice in the field of surgical nursing.
- To ensure all patients are treated with dignity, respect and equality.
- To be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care from admission to discharge.
- To act as an advocate for patients, ensuring patients’ views are taken into account in the decision-making process.
- To provide general and specific pre-operative health screenings to patients (within agreed protocols), and with referral to other clinicians as necessary.
- To consistently deliver excellent communication skills enabling patients and their family/carers to understand their condition, management and discharge.
- To provide advice and information to patients and their family/carers about post-operative care management, how to adopt healthy lifestyles, and look after their own health and wellbeing.
- To ensure patients are effectively monitored and that appropriate action is taken to manage any arising complications or emergency situations with composure, seeking immediate support, as required.
- To ensure the safe and appropriate storage and administration of medicines to patients.
- To ensure compliance with all procedures relating to the collection, storage and dispatch of pathological specimens.
- To ensure the environment is kept clean, safe and tidy and participate in the maintenance and decontamination of medical equipment.
- To ensure all patient records and associated documentation is accurate, contemporaneous, complete and processed as per OSD Healthcare requirements.
- To participate with other team members to ensure the effective maintenance of equipment and stock levels relating to patient care.
- To supervise, mentor, support and educate less experienced and non-registered staff in the clinical practice setting.
- To maintain effective working relationships with all key stakeholders.
- To act as shift leader or deputise for the Ward Manager, as required.
- To ensure the values, culture and behaviours of OSD Healthcare are consistently demonstrated in daily practice.
- To support the clinical governance agenda and ensure a culture of continuous quality improvement is embedded within nursing practice.
- To support CQC compliance for the ASU ward, ensuring standards relating to quality and safety are met.
- To contribute to the development and/or revision of nursing policies/procedures/guidelines, ensuring that they are applied in practice.
- To contribute toward audits being undertaken in the department, as directed by the Ward Manager.
- To provide timely feedback to the management team of any quality issue that may impact on the continued delivery of a high-quality nursing service.
- To participate in risk management processes.
- To ensure that all complaints, concerns, near-misses, incidents or non-compliances are reported, as per OSDH policy (Datix system).
- To participate in investigations which may be required ensuring appropriate statements are produced in a timely manner.
- To provide high quality nursing care at all times and in accordance with NMC code of conduct and scope of practice, and provide evidence of current registration and revalidation.
- To keep up to date with current research, practice development, national guidance or legislation.
- To ensure personal and professional development, maintaining a professional portfolio.
- To participate in developmental opportunities, as agreed with the Ward Manager.
****Competitive salary offered - DBS check paid for****
Benefits offered: pension, eye care vouchers, discount on high street retailers/Bourne Leisure Holidays/Snow Centre (Hemel Hempstead)/local gym/Hollywood Bowl discount, EAP Service (Health Assured) and staff health membership scheme (with free GP/dental appointments.) There is also free parking on site.
Please see attached full job description.