MPS Care Group is a leading provider of residential care homes. Our homes provide comfortable, safe and homely environments for all our residents.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Staff Nurse to join our highly trained and caring team, within a well-presented nursing home, situated in Preston.
This is a full-time position and would be suitable for a Registered General Nurse, Registered Mental Health Nurse or Registered Nurse for Learning Disabilities.
Hours: Days - 36 - 48 hours per week
Duties & Responsibilities:
This role involves the following duties & responsibilities
- Provide nursing care for residents of the home.
- Updating care plans.
- Ensure the emotional, physical, medical and material needs of the residents are recognised, assessed and met where possible. This will involve regular resident reviews and assessments.
- Administering medication and supervision of the care team.
- Assist with performing pre-assessments on potential new residents.
- Liaison with GPs and other agencies as required.
- Ensure all procedures are followed to CQC Standards.
- Assist with induction training, information and supervision to staff as appropriate, ensuring they are conversant with their duties, expectations & responsibilities.
What We Are Looking For:
- We are looking for a motivated, experienced RGN, RMN or RNLD with a current pin.
- Experience reviewing and updating care plans.
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures and protocols.
- Previous experience in a nursing home setting is desirable but not essential.
- strong and effective communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment with MPS Care Group will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check. MPS Care Group (the employer) has claimed an exception under the Equality Act 2010.
Working for MPS Care Group, as well as working as part of an experienced, friendly team, you can expect the following benefits
- Workplace pension
- Free uniform
- Free in-house training
- Progression Opportunities
- Free Disclosure and Barring Service check (usually £53.00) - Appointment to this position will be subject to a successful DBS check and suitable references
- Employee Referral Scheme - Paying up to £500 per referral.
If this sounds like the role for you, then please send your up to date CV as soon as possible, as a high volume of response is expected for this role.
MPS Care Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, free from discrimination and harassment.
All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, are based on merit and business needs. MPS Care Group does not discriminate in employment based on age, disability, sex (including gender identity), race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy & maternity, or any other non-merit factors
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Schedules
- Free Food and Coffee
- On Site Cafeteria
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development