Job Reference: J105-HRRNDOK0520
- Sue Ryder
- In-Patient Unit
- £24,258-£29,445 pro-rata for pt plus R&R bonus
Registered Nurse - IPU – Duchess of Kent Hospice
Competitive salary, enhancements, continuation of your NHS pension. Plus R&R bonus scheme.
Are you looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to make a real difference within your community?
We'd love you to join us at our Sue Ryder Duchess of Kent, CQC Outstanding Hospice and join our well-established team.
We are seeking compassionate and dedicated Registered Nurses who are looking to make a difference.
About the Role:
We have full time vacancies up to 37.5 hours per week and this can be discussed at interview.
We can offer you long days to complement a work life balance.
We are very pleased to be able to accept applications to join us at this time.
Our In-Patient Unit establishment works on an excellent Staff to patient ratio.
The successful applicants will play an active role within our team. It's all about giving our patients the best possible quality of life. The support we offer is tailored to meet individuals' medical, social, spiritual and emotional needs.
Ideally you will be an NMC registered nurse, with post-registration experience in palliative end of life care
You will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to work well within a team, use initiative and have excellent communication skills.
You will also:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised care using evidence-based guidelines
- Maintain high standards of care delivery by working collaboratively within regulatory body standards and the Sue Ryder Quality Governance Policy
- Provide support, leadership appraisal and supervision to team members as appropriate
- Act as an ambassador of Sue Ryder to service users and their relatives, colleagues and members of the public
Duchess of Kent is a Sue Ryder Hospice based in Reading .We provides expert palliative and end of life care, in a beautiful setting, for thousands of local people each year. We are part of a large charity but have a close relationship within the local community and offer a large range of specialist services to support patients, their families and friends.
• £24,258-£29,445 pro-rata for part time, per annum (depending upon experience). Plus R&R bonus scheme.
o 8.00 pm to 6.00 am (nights) 30%
o Friday midnight to Sunday midnight (weekends) 45%
o Public Holidays 24 hours midnight to midnight 60%
•Company pension scheme
•25 days holiday - rising to 30 with length of service plus bank holidays
•Option to buy and sell up to five days holiday
•Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
•Enhanced sick pay
•Continuation of NHS pension (T&Cs apply)
•NHS holiday honoured (Up to a maximum of 30 days, T&Cs apply)
•Corporate discount with hundreds of retailers and services
•Staff discount of 15% on new goods online at shop.sueryder.org
•Season ticket loan
•Cash referral bonus scheme of up to £500
•Cycle to work scheme
• Free parking, tea and coffee and subsidised meals
• Wellbeing centre and free will writing service
• Development opportunities for all through our structured development framework
Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that’s a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition – we’re there when it matters. Our doctors, nurses and carers give people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best life they possibly can.