We are searching for our next inspirational leader for the post of CIW Registered Manager at our children’s home based in Usk. Our children’s home in Usk located near the M4/A449, is a three bed home for young people aged 8 to 17 with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. This is a fantastic opportunity for a strong, energetic leader to shape the future direction of the home.
This position will attract a welcome bonus of £1,000 (terms and conditions apply).
We have high ambitions, an honest approach and a dependable, flexible team that delivers. We are committed to delivering individualised care to meet and exceed our young peoples needs.
As a Registered Manager, you will:
- Take complete responsibility for the running of the children's home
- Maintain and improve on the already high standards in the home in line with the company's expectations
- Provide leadership, support and direction for the well-established care team and champion the Company’s ethos
- Work with professionals from a wide range of different disciplines, liaise with outside agencies and stakeholders and demonstrate professionalism and act as a role model for our team.
Whilst this role does offer its challenges, it also delivers a personal achievement when you are able to help our young people to lead lives that are fulfilled and full of opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
The successful applicant will:
- Hold a wide range of experience as a childcare practitioner having managed teams in a residential setting
- Have a Level 5 Diploma in Children’s Residential / DipSW qualification or equivalent
- Hold a full driving license.
Please familiarise yourself with the attached person specification and full job description at the bottom of this page.
Our Registered Manager will need to be outcome focused, be prepared to be flexible and have an unswerving passion for providing the best possible service for the young people we care for. We endeavour to provide a stable, caring and therapeutic environment, enabling children and young people to develop, grow and flourish.
This Registered Manager role is offering a salary of up to £37,000 per annum, dependent on experience. We also offer an excellent bonus and benefits package and we take pride in the training and career opportunities we offer.
- Priory Perks reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Pension scheme
- We cover the cost of your enhanced disclosure check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Employee recognition scheme.
Priory Education and Children’s Services is a leading company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
*Current employees, those referred by employees or an agency are not eligible for the joining bonus
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.