Major Healthcare is a specialist recruitment consultancy, providing quality permanent, contract and temporary staffing solutions to clients from our wide network of UK offices.
We are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic & passionate Registered Children's Manager to work within a challenging young people's service in Orpington. The service offers enjoyable breaks with the highest standard of care for children with disabilities and complex health care needs.
- Lead and manage the residential team to deliver the best possible outcomes for young people, within a caring, homely environment - recruitment, support & supervision, annual appraisal and disciplinary.
- Promote appropriate and therapeutic relationships between staff and young people and their families, promoting the young people's involvement and participation whilst on their short-break.
- Accountable for safeguarding and promoting young people's rights, providing good quality care which respects individual differences.
- Accountable for identifying, managing and reporting risks within the service in line with safeguarding, statutory and compliance requirements.
- Promote appropriate relationships between staff, young people and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for supporting the delivery of maximum occupancy of both units and oversee the allocation with regard to unit occupancy, working closely with the senior staff.
- Collate and analyse information regarding the capacity to maximise this occupancy.
- Accountable for ensuring all daily checks are completed.
- Ensure that all the clinical and non-clinical risk assessments are undertaken and recorded and their recommendations put in place.
- Ensure that staff training, and development needs are identified and ensuring that those needs are met.
- NVQ/QCF Level 5 in Leadership & Management or equivalent Social Care certificate (Children's workforce), be currently working towards this qualification or be willing to work towards this qualification.
- MUST have experience working with children and young people within care.
- Driving Licence and access to own vehicle.
- Knowledge of the Children's Home Regulations and all paperwork relating to these regulations.
The salary for this exciting new role is up to £44,503 depending on experience.
Please call Leanne Irving 07940 747 500 or apply online for more information about this exciting new role.
40,000.00 - 44,500.00 per year