Job Title: Registered General Nurse
Salary: £16.04 per hour + employee benefits
Job type: Permanent, Full time
Handsale Ltd is a privately-owned healthcare company that currently owns and operates Eight Care Homes across England, Wales and Scotland. Founded in 1988 as a family business, Handsale has proudly maintained its family owned and operated structure to this day.
We are actively hiring for a professional and experienced Registered General Nurse to join our team on Day & Night Hours (Rotational) in Balquhidder House, Alexandria.
The home caters 65 residents and offers both Nursing and Residential care, caring for those with Dementia & Old Age. They offer a wide range of facilities & services including Palliative Care, Respite Care, Convalescent Care, Alzheimer's Care, Cancer Care, Stroke, Bipolar/Manic Depression, Cerebral Palsy, Colitis & Crohn's Disease and Separate EMI Unit.
- To promote independence & improve mobility in the elderly & dementia residents
- To lead, motivate and mentor your staff team, deliver guidance, training and development opportunities to ensure work practices are safe and conform to standards
- Focus not only on the physical ailments associated with aging, but also with mental impairments
- Identify client's care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual residents and other relevant persons
- Carry out regular checks on clients at intervals determined by the Home Manager
- Ensure that Clients' Care Plans are completed and maintained and in accordance with NMC guidelines & Company policy
- Administer prescribed medicines and document the same in accordance with the Company's procedure and NMC guidelines
- To ensure the correct ordering, storage and administration of drugs in accordance with client's requirements, medical and pharmaceutical agencies
- Maintain accurate records and ensure that each client within the Care home has an individualised Care Plan & Client Care Plans are reviewed
- Ensure a clear and concise handover report is given to all relevant Staff Members at the end of each shift
- Adhere to all appropriate NMC guidelines / regulations
- To participate, promote and engender the quality culture of Handsale Care Group by adhering to Quality Assurance Systems
- Qualified and registered with the NMC as RGN
- Ideally experienced in an elderly and dementia care environment
- Confident in all areas of care planning and delivery
- Able to work a flexible shift pattern
- Satisfactory CRB / DBS checks
- Competitive rates of pay £16.04 per hour
- 28 days holiday entitlement
- Additional courses and extra training to advance your careers and improve your skills
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Established, Reputable, Forward Thinking Employer
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Registered Nurse, Elderly Care, Registered Care Worker, Nursing and Midwifery Council, Elderly Care Nurse, Nursing may also be considered for this role.
16.04 - 16.04 per hour