Job Description SummaryA fantastic opportunity has been created to lead, coach, motivate and manage a sales team to meet or exceed sales targets of BD products in line with the company budget and strategy. To create a positive platform for sales opportunities, through pro-active engagement with senior leaders in the regions healthcare system. To work with the MMS leadership team on strategic business planning, including the foundation of lighthouse accounts. To drive and steer sales force effectiveness and implement sales targets and key point objectives that are aligned to the UKI objectives.
- Meet or exceed annual revenue plan, and operational expense budgets for region
- Build and develop a high performing sales team
- Ensure Team respect and adhere to the standards, processes and culture established for the UK BD organization
- Interact with senior customers of the healthcare environment to establish clinical and commercial solutions across the BD portfolio.
- Work cross portfolio with other Regional Business Managers on projects that promote sales of the entire BD portfolio to the healthcare system.
- Input into development of Sales Force strategy.
- Proactive member of UK sales and marketing management team.
- Sales Monthly Operating Review reporting.
- Performance v Budget & Forecast, commentary, resulting actions.
- Sales forecast.
- Dashboard update.
- Special projects on behalf of UK sales management team
- Attend UK & Ireland Sales Leadership Forum and provide insight/input where required.
- Work closely with the Solution Management Team and Marketing Team to ensure the Sales Team receive the support and tools to deliver the Sales Plan.
- Establish and deliver sales Key Business Objectives for UKI market.
- Network with senior leaders in the UK healthcare system
- Influence senior leaders to develop a productive partnership with BD
- Drive appropriate local cross-BD team working to capitalise on local business opportunities
- Recruit, coach, train and develop team of excellent salespeople
- Establish training and coaching environment which continually pushes up standards of every individual in sales team
- Implement BD performance management and talent development processes
- Individual and team development plans
- Ensure sales team promotional activities are consistent with approved marketing campaign and they comply with BD policies for customer interactions
- Input to development of regional sales targets and devolve to territory targets
- Resource deployment
- Input to Sales Incentive Plan
- Maintain regional pipeline and forecast
- Key Performance Indicators & monitoring
- BD Leadership Competencies:
- Customer Focused
- Results focus (Gets it done)
- Ability to develop and inspire sales teams
- High level of commercial awareness
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Courage to drive through change in a professional manner
- Flexible attitude and ability to handle changing priorities
- Mature and controlled reaction to pressure of work
- Passion to “make a difference” to health
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to create detailed tactical and strategic plans
- Assertive in dealing with underperformance
- Computer literacy with an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Customer Relationship Management Software and Internet applications
- Knowledge of the tender and procurement process within the NHS, preferably regarding long term hospital equipment purchasing
Interested in a career with BD, but this position doesn’t fit your skills and experience?
Register on our careers page so you never miss an opportunity.