Three Rivers have been instructed to recruit a 'Regional Sales Manager'
for our North East based client who are now looking to supplement their
commercial offering in the Midlands and North West East region - an individual who will be accountable for developing sales growth in the Midlands and the North West of the UK.
The remit of the Regional Sales Manager will be to generate sales through the use of solution selling techniques to promote the company’s full range of products and services to key stakeholders within the defined geographic area; the post holder will ideally be based in the Midlands, with occasional travel to the North of England.
Proven experience of working within a commercially biased role within the building materials industry would be required. Please see below the main responsibilities and accountabilities, as well as the requirements;
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- By regular customer contact, build and maintain customer relationships to protect and grow sales position in the market
- Seek new business opportunities ensuring future growth in existing and emerging markets.
- Monitor customer activity both financially and commercially to realise full opportunity.
- Offer practical advice of a technical nature to uphold the company’s reputation for technical excellence
immediate administration of all terms, rebates and project support
documentation or any other documentation that may affect the invoicing
of our customers
- Operate a live business plan for the territory to support growth and development including customer segmentation.
- Offer support for product launches and events where necessary
- Actively participate and give input to team
and individual projects, including internal policies, induction
programme implementation, Staff Council and Health & Safety
- Monitor document usage and optimise efficiency to help grow profitable business and close undesirable terms.
forecast direct and non-direct customer spend via net price feed
quarterly update (including auditing/validating invoices)
- Accurately forecast product volume purchasing via product category in region
- Monthly compliance of expenses and car mileage return as necessary
- Good market awareness to understand the opportunities for business development
- Proven experience of working within customer facing construction markets
- Strong solution sales capability to take advantage of opportunities
- Ability to work independently, managing call planning and optimising time with customers
- Excellent negotiator with good customer relationship building skills
- Able to identify and capitalise on opportunities to convert into sales, nurturing into long term and stable business.
- Ability to establish and maintain high quality strategic partnership relationships with clients.
- Ability to develop good relationships via cross-departmental colleague collaboration
- Educated, numerate and literate. Must be able to demonstrate a full understanding of percentages, margins and discounts structures
- Ability to present solutions competently
- A very good grasp of digital mediums, including, CRM, MS suite and mobile applications