The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will be responsible for identifying and cultivating new prospects and penetrating existing customers within an assigned territory. The RSM must be able to navigate through complex organizations positioning Devo's software as a purpose-built enterprise solution. The RSM will use solution selling techniques to generate revenue for our technical product in a range of business functions and play an integral part of Devo’s success. This role will develop account and territory business development plans and strategies to ensure success. The territory will cover UK and Ireland.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- RSM's are responsible for managing all aspects of the sales cycle.
- Identify key decision-makers and build strong relationships with prospects and customers.
- Ability to effectively articulate and demonstrate Devo’s technical solution and business value.
- Leverage deep product knowledge to demonstrate solution selling techniques, uncover prospect and customer challenges and deliver valuable solutions.
- Penetrate and develop existing accounts and new prospects, perform presentations to prospects, negotiate contracts, and close new business deals.
- Work closely with the pre-sales technical team and perform assessments to determine customer requirements.
- Providing tactical and strategic plans with specific measurable time frames to penetrate an account.
- Build and maintain an accurate pipeline and timely sales forecasts.
- Identify internal teams, providing direction and leadership in each sales engagement.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer industry trends.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed. This job description is not intended to be a contract for employment and the employer reserves the right to make any necessary revisions to the job description at any time without notice.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 7+ years of experience enterprise sales experience with SaaS solutions with a strong track record against quota.
- Successfully demonstrated the ability to sell SaaS solutions for Enterprise Security, IT Operations, and/or Enterprise Log Management use cases.
- Strong business development, technical presentation skills, and the ability to present technical concepts and business solutions clearly through demonstrations and proposals are required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, related field or equivalent experience.
- Highly motivated and well-developed business acumen.
- Strong focus on acquiring new business while continuing to cultivate existing account relationships.
- Experience in solution selling IT infrastructure or related software.
- Have intuitive sense of required steps to close business and gain customer validation
- Strong background in sales with demonstrated abilities to take ownership of business, prospect for leads, and close sales.
- Proven ability to make strong connections and overcome rejection to achieve results.
- Candidates must have good organizational skills, prospecting and follow-up skills.
- Entrepreneurial drive and work ethic.
- Experience selling/navigating a complex sale.
This position requires up to 50% travel. Travel may be outside the local area and overnight.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Devo, ranked #151 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, a ranking of the 500 fastest growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences and energy tech companies in North America, unlocks the full value of machine data for the world’s most instrumented enterprises, putting more data to work now. Only the Devo data analytics platform addresses both the explosion in volume of machine data and the new, crushing demands of algorithms and automation, enabling IT operations and security teams to realize the full transformational promise of machine data to move the business forward.
Founded as Logtrust in 2011 in Madrid, Spain, there are now 190+ Devos across our Cambridge, Massachusetts headquarters, our Madrid European headquarters, and in locations in the UK, Brazil, and across the US – all passionate about helping customers gain real-time actionable insight from their data, at petabyte scale. From the largest financial services companies, to global telecoms, to world-wide security organizations, Devo collects trillions of events every day to help customers speed time to action and gain the insight they need to drive their businesses.