Ecolab have a brand new opportunity for a Regional Manager - Manufacturing Hygiene Excellence to join our Supply Chain team. In this role you will be responsible for developing protocols to ensure maintenance of a high standard of hygienic awareness in plant operations and engineering personnel, establishing and leading a regional hygienic manufacturing network and providing direction & coaching for production, technical & engineering personnel. The successful candidate will also develop and implement effective process control systems to support the development, qualification, and on-going manufacture of products to meet customer expectations.
What's in it for me?
Ecolab are a global business with a presence in 171 countries worldwide and ambitious plans for growth. By joining our organisation in the role of Regional Manager - Manufacturing and Hygiene Excellence, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to our business, ensuring our manufacturing and hygiene practices are truly world class.
What will you do?
Partnering with Engineering and working closely with our Healthcare and Life Science production, manufacturing, sales and senior leadership teams, you will drive the delivery of continuous improvement programmes in manufacturing hygiene security, you will establish a risk-based audit regime to assist sites in identifying areas of focus and risk mitigation plans.
- Develop protocols to ensure maintenance of a high standard of hygienic awareness in plant operations and engineering personnel
- Establish & lead a regional hygienic manufacturing network
- Provide direction & coaching for production, technical & engineering personnel
- Develop and implement effective process control systems to support the development, qualification, and on-going manufacture of products to meet customer expectations
- Partner with Engineering to drive the delivery of continuous improvement programmes in manufacturing hygiene security
- Establish a risk-based audit regime to assist sites identify areas of focus and risk mitigation plans
- Ensure Ecolab’s SHE strategies & objectives are always adhered to in the discharge of their responsibilities
- Contribute ideas to the business imperative of continuous improvement in SHE in the European Supply Chain
- Effective engagement with the plants to ensure that risks of contamination incidents and as a consequence customer service issues are minimised
- Lead the analysis and action planning for external/external customer complaints related to microbiological contamination.
- Contribute to the delivery of the SC NSS targets via a reduction of product quality failures as a result of micro-biological contamination
- Collaborate with the Quality Function & TPM to develop loss trees to reduce the Cost Of Non Quality
ORGANISATION & PEOPLE
- Lead the development of knowledge & skills of plant and regional engineering resources in the requirements of manufacturing plants hygienic design and operations
- Provide advice to the regional supply chain leadership on all matters associated with hygienic design in manufacturing, and related quality considerations
- Establish a hygiene network for the relevant plants to promote the identifying and sharing best practices
- Implement an audit regime of the plants to ensure effective risk mitigation plans are maintained
- In collaboration with the Quality function develop a Cost Of Non Quality programme to establish a continuous improvement in quality mindset in manufacturing
- Partner with R&D and Engineering to ensure new product innovations are effectively assessed in respect of hygienic design integrity
- Contribute to the assessment of capital investment proposals for Healthcare & Life Sciences plants to ensure due consideration is given to hygienic design.
- Participate in commissioning teams for the start-up of new hygienic facilities
- Maintain a perspective of external trends in hygienic manufacturing and identify appropriate value-adding insights that can be introduced into the Ecolab manufacturing network.
Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree level in microbiology or a related field or equivalent commercial experience
- Extensive experience in manufacturing environment preferably in the FMCG or pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrable abilities in engaging with a diverse mix of stakeholders
- Fluent in business English. Other European languages are desirable
- Capability in Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP) compliance & planning
- Strong project management skills
- Capability to assess, develop and implement micro risk management strategies within manufacturing or supply operations
- Excellent analytical skills required for trouble shooting issues with products and process to establish the root cause and implement robust solutions
- Ability to travel between Ecolab European plants (circa 30%) and on occasion internationally.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.