Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Regional General Manager Southern Europe will directly manage and have P&L accountability for the countries within the Southern European cluster providing direct line management support and coaching to the GMs to optimize the operations and ensure strategic readiness to maximise future growth. The Regional GM will ensure that the southern European region is appropriately resourced for long term growth and that the appropriate capabilities are identified and built. He / She will ensure that a robust people plan is in place with a strong emphasis on talent development and succession. The Regional GM will be a key member of the European Leadership Team, working collaboratively with all functions to achieve key operational and strategic goals.
NB: Although subject to change the South Europe cluster consists of: France, Spain, Italy, Portugal and Benelux
- Provides effective oversight and leadership of the business planning processes ensuring that budgets are set with appropriate stretch and that resources are effectively deployed to optimize business success
- Support the countries to ensure rigorous brand planning and launch readiness processes are established and implemented effectively with a drive for continual improvement and best practice sharing
- Develop and implement a People Plan with strong emphasis on individual development, talent management and succession planning as well as strategic focus on long term capability development
- Develop effective and collaborative working relationships with cross functional leaders, communicating proactively and relevantly as a member of the ELT to ensure alignment of regional priorities
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong GM operational experience gained within relevant markets
- Excellent understanding and demonstrable success navigating complex EU market access environments
- Solid understanding of how to plan and execute launch success in a variety of different market situations and competitive environments. Ability to identify the levers of success and apply differentially depending on the situation
- Excellent communication skills and change leadership experience
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated cross-functional leadership
- Experience hiring, developing and retaining talent
- Strong analytical skills and ability to ascertain the relevant issues from large masses of information
- Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills, demonstrating flexibility, proven ability to deal with complexity under pressure
- Business analytical skills, i.e., ability to (1) translate key insights into strategy/tactics and (2) identify, understand and communicate (at a high level) key drivers of performance
- Experience and effectiveness in the presentation of written and oral business cases to the most senior Management, up to and including Board level
- Passion for helping patients and for developing a team
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree (business or life sciences discipline).
- MBA or related graduate-level business degree is strongly preferred
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.