This is an exciting time to join the dynamic Community and Events Fundraising Team as a Regional Fundraiser. With our new organisational vision of 'a world where diabetes can do no harm' we are developing a brand new strategic direction for the team and we are looking for individuals to play a crucial role in delivering our exciting plans for growth.
Interview date: 12 February 2019 in the SW office in Taunton.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
This is a varied role where you will manage day to day relationships with our key supporters with the primary purpose of generating income across the South West through community fundraising activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering income targets across the region by building strong relationships with individuals, local companies, community groups and volunteers, in line with our community fundraising strategy.
- Will be an experienced community fundraiser
- Will be proactive and skilled at building and maintaining effective relationships with supporters and colleagues alike
- Will have experience in recruiting and managing volunteers
- Will be flexible, self-motivated and able to work independently, with a can-do attitude and a solution focussed approach in tackling challenges.
- Will have experience in managing income and expenditure budgets and financial reporting.
This role is home based and the successful candidate must reside in the South West area (Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Somerset, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire