Regional Electrical Engineer
Location – Manchester
(North West Region)
“A fantastic opportunity to join an established, national engineering contractor as a Regional Engineer supporting a busy and fast paced engineering maintenance team. This position can offer longevity through its long term maintenance framework supporting one of our key clients”
We require an enthusiastic and technically astute Regional Engineer with an Electrical bias and Mechanical experience based and responsible for covering projects in the North West region on our Canals & River Trust Framework agreement. Our framework team are responsible for carrying out repairs and maintenance to assets and infrastructure around the UK’s Canals and Rivers including associated Electrical and Mechanical asset repair such as switch gear, control panels, PLC and SCADA equipment, moving structures, pumps etc.
Joining the company as a Regional Engineer in the specialist Mechanical & Electrical framework team you will undertake Electrical Project Engineering responsibilities that include tendering, design, installation, commissioning and Client handover. The work relates to Pumping Systems, Moving Structures and simple PLC and SCADA systems, with some oversight of minor civils as part of an overall project. Day to day duties may include but not be limited to:
• Management of project specific design deliverables
• Interpreting and understanding client requirements from client documents (drawings, specifications, correspondence, etc.)
• Communication with client, external design resources and subcontractors to ensure compliance with specification
• Site surveys of existing assets
• Optioneering and feasibility studies
• Assisting/carrying out tender pricing
• Production of procurement specifications for electrical and mechanical equipment
• Project managing third party designs and providing design checking of panel schematics to installation and attend FAT tests
• Review of vendor data and drawings for all electrical equipment
• Undertaking and checking of design calculations including modelling of the complete power system (AMTECH)
• Production of single line and block cable diagrams, load schedules, equipment specifications, cable schedules, equipment schedules, telemetry schedules, instrument schedules and I/O listings
• The continuous monitoring of the progress of work to ensure contract objectives are being met.
• Ensuring that, changes to works are identified, agreed and effectively managed.
To excel in this role, you will have previous experience as an Electrical Project Engineer responsible for multiple projects. It would advantageous for candidates to have gained experienced in multi-disciplinary Electrical and Mechanical projects.
- Electrical and Mechanical TEC level 3 or above
- Mechanical and hydraulic system familiarisation is desirable.
- Experience working on similar projects such as moving structures, pumps, SCADA equipment, PLC’s etc. would be a distinct advantage.
- SMSTS or SSSTS, Confined Space Trained, First Aid at Work tickets
- Full U.K Driving License
You will be joining a reputable and firmly established, engineering contractor operating nationally in rail, civils and engineering markets. AmcoGiffen are renowned in the market as a specialist civil, building, mechanical and electrical renewals and maintenance business with ongoing and successful projects and frameworks across the country, you will become part of our expert outfit.
- Salary negotiable depending on experience
- Car or Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life Insurance
AmcoGiffen has a wealth of experience working on sensitive, live assets in highly regulated environments, we deliver exceptional peace of mind for our customers, creating and maintaining assets across a growing range of high-quality public and private sectors. These include rail, power generation, electricity distribution, flood defence and waterways.
AmcoGiffen are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we offer challenging and worthwhile careers to everyone. It doesn’t matter to us what your age, disability, employment status, gender, health, marital status, sexual preference, membership or non-membership of a trade union, nationality, race, religion or social class are, or indeed any other personal characteristics not directly related to the relevant job. Anyone who meets the requirements of the job is eligible for employment with AmcoGiffen.
If you think you have what it takes to join the AmcoGiffen family, please review the full Job Description attached and apply now!
Please contact for more information.