Regional Director (South Region), Voluntary Organisation, Home Based, £30,000 per annum (FTE)
We are a voluntary organisation and a national charity providing practical and pastoral support to farming families facing difficulties in the farm business or in the home, which are causing them stress and anxiety.
The role of the national office is to facilitate the vital work done by volunteers based all over the country. Our national office is responsible for ensuring that we operate in a legally compliant and professional manner and with due care of clients, volunteers and staff whilst being adequately funded and promoted, thereby ensuring that we are available wherever and whenever our support is needed in the farming community.
We are now looking for a Regional Director to join our team, based from home, covering the South Region (Kent, Hampshire, Surrey and Sussex).
This is a part time, permanent position.
Regional Director Main Duties:
- Acting as the staff link between county volunteers and the national organisation.
- Supporting group officers and development of the groups to ensure we can deliver consistently high quality support.
- Ensuring financial sustainability of the groups within their region, supporting them in the creation of their annual budget and monitoring of performance against that budget throughout the year.
- Regular liaison with the Financial Controller and the Chief Executive to develop and manage the budget for their region.
- Line manage paid workers in their region, agreeing, monitoring and evaluating the number of hours worked each month, where applicable.
- Regular liaison with county coordinators and other group office holders in the region via teleconferences and face to face meetings, managing their objectives and activities whilst supporting them with their management of group volunteers.
- Working with coordinators to facilitate the development of county groups to ensure appropriate capacity across their region.
- Developing best practice across all county groups, sharing that best practice and improving weaker areas.
- Assisting and encouraging coordinators and their volunteers in the building and recording of local contacts in key organisations relating to casework support and referrals, publicity and funding.
- Assisting coordinators with the implementation of the volunteer training programmes.
- Encouraging and supporting county groups with their publicity and fundraising activities.
- Ensuring that local groups adhere to the policies and procedures of the organisation, including the regular recording and updating of casework on the recording system.
- Ensure that all volunteers understand and comply with current GDPR.
- Ensure that pastoral supervision is available to all volunteers in their region.
- Encouraging liaison with national and other staff on all matters including specialist casework activities, publicity and funding.
- Acting as the regional focus and delivering national strategy across the region.
- Identifying and helping the national office to access regional and local funding source.
Regional Director Necessary Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience of working with and managing volunteers
- Basic understanding of financial management
- Ability to make clear and concise presentations
- A working knowledge Microsoft office software, (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate future volunteer group requirements
- Ability to be supportive and encouraging to the volunteers whilst ensuring that policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Experience in a charity or not-for-profit organisation and governance is desirable but not essential.
- An understanding of the farming community and the challenges they face.