Supporting our regional operations, you'll play a key role in ensuring our business runs smoothly and efficiently.
Your day-to-day will involve organisational work, data processing, analysis, proposal completion and ensuring data is secure. Naturally, you'll need an eye for detail and excellent organisational skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team. We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. And that means there's plenty to do in our Regional Administration team.
Purchasing Administration Assistant
We are now looking to recruit a Trading Assistant to join our existing team at our Regional Head Office in Bolton.
Please note this is a fixed term contract.
Responsibilities will include:
• Ordering of merchandise in line with stock levels, stock turnover and availability
• Becoming an expert in forecasting and demand planning for specific product categories
• Being responsible for a fixed set of products and varying ordering patterns according to many different factors (Key events, sales etc.)
• Achieving compliance with all internal and external guidelines and regulations
• Ensuring a cooperative working environment
• Minimising costs and reducing losses
• Liaising with internal departments, such as Corporate Buying, regarding product issues
• Updating relevant departments with information on product data in agreed formats
• Communicating with suppliers to ensure strong supplier performance
• GCSEs or equivalent (including Maths & English)
• Administration experience
• Excel proficient
Working hours: 8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday (plus working every other Saturday with the Tuesday off when a Saturday is worked)