Space Engineering Services are one of the most dynamic refrigeration, heating, ventilation and air conditioning service providers in Europe. We are proud to offer innovative products and services, and market-leading refrigeration technology, for which we have received awards and industry accreditations.
We offer all of our employees 30 days' holiday. Our extensive benefits package includes; Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection Insurance, Life cover - 2x salary, Childcare Vouchers, Discount scheme - including Gyms, Employee Assistance Programme, Introducers Bonus Scheme and an excellent pension scheme.
|Reports to||Senior Managing Engineer|
|Hours of work||48 per week - Referenced over a 17-week period. Working a shift pattern as appropriate for the area- to be confirmed at interview.|
|Salary Bracket||£35k - £40k|
|Vehicle||A company vehicle will be allocated as appropriate to the role.|
The Service and Compliance department is responsible for providing proactive and reactive maintenance and compliance regimes to customers across Europe. The successful candidate will join the team of field based engineers to support the contract.
Main Purpose and Scope of the Job
As a Refrigeration Engineer you will be supporting Space Engineering Services in order to ensure the area you are allocated to operates effectively.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Collection and fitting of parts as directed by the Senior Managing Engineer / Operations Manager.
- Diagnosing and fixing equipment breakdowns.
- Using client systems for example /PQA/IMS-Evolve etc.
- Carrying out calls as allocated by Service Control.
- Updating service records and timekeeping information in an accurate and timely way.
- Updating client reporting systems in an accurate and timely way.
- Working safely in line with health and safety procedures.
- Excellent attitude and approach to work.
- Highly self-reliant, motivated and enthusiastic.
- Approachable, open and able to work as part of a team.
- Excellent customer care and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail.
Skill Set, Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate's should have experience working on; refrigeration and alarm systems, air conditioning and building controls, food factory equipment, general equipment, electrical, fabric repairs.
- Essential to hold the 'F-GAS 2079 Refrigerant Handling' qualification.
- Desirable to have previous CO2 experience.
Space Engineering is committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment and declares its opposition to any form of less favourable treatment, whether through direct or indirect discrimination, association or perception accorded to employees or job applicants, on the grounds of their; race, religion or belief, disability, ethnic origin, nationality, marital/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, gender, sexual orientation or age.