Reference Data Strategy Change for Contacts – VP
The Reference Data Strategy team drives the strategy for building and maintaining high-quality reference data for the firm.
Our mission is to deliver best in class Reference Data Platforms, Processes, and Quality to help simplify operations and enhance analytical capabilities. We are driving a culture of quality and continuous improvement toward the best outcome for client experience, our colleagues and JPMorgan Chase. We do the right thing, even when it’s not the easy thing.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity, and diversity are among our core principles, then explore the opportunities at J.P. Morgan Chase.
Description of Role:
The Reference Data Strategy Change team is a dedicated group within the Firmwide Data Management organisation. The team has as a mandate to identify and lead critical strategic transformation efforts focused on the Firm’s refdata business needs.
The vision is to address the Firm’s current state challenges through reference data platforms, processes and content that leverage shared contribution and support models using standard interfaces and unified data models.
This role is for someone to lead the Wholesale strategic vision across the reference data domain of Contacts, i.e. data representing the designated point of external communication within a JPM business relationship. This is an area of focus that continues to grow in terms of business importance and criticality. The role is to work closely with various key partners, especially the Front Office, to form, syndicate and agree business sponsorship of a strategy for Contacts across the following 3 core components:
- Platforms & Models – e.g., conformance to an agreed logical data model; use of a single API; inventory landscape and target state
- Processes & Organisation – e.g., implementation of a robust ‘search before create’ process and mechanism; deployment of a central team to manage conflicts
- Data Content & Quality – e.g., extension of the DQ best practices; initiate DQ analysis across current masters
Key Responsibilities and Skills:
- Define our strategic vision and business goals to guide strategy development and execution, and to move people to action
- Create forward-looking product visions and implementation plans
- Develop strategies that drive business performance
- Lead the development of the strategy/roadmap ensuring integration with the organisation’s business plans
- Lead identification and articulation of innovation opportunities
- “Own” a complete work-stream end-to-end, leading the thinking around problem-solving approach, framework to solve the issue
- Design, structure, and own quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Identify major issues and actionable opportunities, design solutions, and quantify potential bottom-line financial impact across work-stream
- Monitor industry trends / vendors / fintech / regulatory changes and share insightful reports and analysis with broader team and with senior executives
- Synthesise impactful findings, develop recommendations, and write small documents with minor guidance / editing; present recommendations to senior management
- Advise and influence client stakeholders on key business decisions and change efforts
- Plan and effectively lead overall interview campaigns, workshops, and focus groups
- Deliver senior management presentations, with ability to recognise and address client motivations and concerns
- Develop strong trusted advisor relationships with key client stakeholders
Strategy Delivery Oversight
- Facilitate workshops, ideation sessions, and decision-making
- Maintain overall accountability for implementing the roadmap of initiatives
- Provide oversight and input into enterprise initiatives that impact customer experience
- Lead strategic review of solution development; provide clear and timely feedback to ensure experiences, technology and marketing solutions are delivered on-strategy
- Lead or participate in project post-mortems; capture key learnings and develop case studies as appropriate
- Lead one or more work-streams
- Create work plans and manage expectations and quality standards for own work and potentially that of other team members (direct and/or matrix)
- A business degree plus a minimum of 10 years financial services experience, some of which has been either at a management consulting firm or in an internal transformational role, with data, technology and operations experience blended with knowledge of key finance and risk disciplines
- Comfort with Front-Office Data and Technology. Prior experience functioning in roles and functions that are highly data-driven and that required understanding of data models and flows, and technology architecture as related to business requirements
- Strong operating model and change management capabilities with experience in both tactical and strategic programs
- Innovative, forward thinker with a decent grasp of new technologies, competitive landscapes, marketplace, and regulatory environment
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to present fact-based recommendations in a clear, logical, and concise way: "tell a story" with data
- Strong presentation skills and ease of effective communication at senior levels of management and with partners from a variety of business functions
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and manage an entire work-stream
- Results-oriented and delivers return on investment (ROI)
- Excellent and efficient skills using MS Excel and PowerPoint tools (absolutely required)
- An outstanding ability to analyse problems, apply quantitative analytical approaches, communicate effectively and confidently (both oral and written) and work well in cross-functional teams
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available atwww.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.