We have an opportunity for a Recruitment Officer to join our team based in their Hanley Centre. If you are successful, you will be joining us on a full time basis you will receive a competitive salary of £18,000 - £26,000 per annum + a range of fantastic benefits.
Juniper are an independent established training provider who have been assisting young people to move forward and achieve for 35 years. Delivering Traineeships, Study Programmes and Apprenticeships we help young people across the country to take positive steps forward in their lives.
In 2013, we undertook the “Best Companies” assessment which gathered in the views of all our staff on what it’s like to work here. We were delighted to achieve a 3 Star rating – the highest available – testament to our commitment to our staff.
Health and well-being benefits we offer our people:
At Juniper we are committed to improving the health and well-being of our staff and because of this we have a range of health and well-being benefits that are people are able to take advantage of:
- JFit - this is a scheme where employees participate in an exercise of their choice for 45 minutes, for 3 times a week, over a year (April to March) and earn extra annual leave for simply taking part
- Health Shields - Cash back on health needs, such as, dental, physiotherapy, eye tests, prescriptions!
- EAP – Our scheme to help any employees with any personal problems that may impact their health
- Critical Illness Cover
- Flexi Holidays – Including an extra day off for your birthday!
- Cycle to work – We offer the opportunity for all staff to participate in the fantastic Cycle to Work scheme
Purpose of the Recruitment Officer role:
- To recruit students onto training programmes
- To ensure programme is appropriate for students recruited
- To safeguard the welfare of all students, preventing radicalisation and promoting British Values
Key responsibilities as our Recruitment Officer will include:
- To undertake activities that result in students being recruited and starting on training programmes, including; marketing, outreach, contacts with local agencies, training providers and other referral sources, recruitment initiatives & attending/hosting recruitment fairs/local events/pop up shops/networking meetings etc.
- Use of social media to raise Juniper’s profile
- Interviewing potential starts and accurately completing supporting paperwork
- Host information sessions for potential new starts
- Ensure centre start targets are met
- To maintain a database of referral sources and manage those relationships to gain further business
- Manage own Outlook diary in order to meet all responsibilities and targets
- To complete all required documentation in accordance with laid down procedures to meet both contractual and internal requirements
Essential skills and abilities we’re looking for in our Recruitment Officer:
- Level 2 English & Maths (or working at)
- Excellent communicator
- To persuade & influence others and deal with conflict/challenging behaviour
- To build rapport with target group
- To communicate professionally with referral/support agencies
- To present to groups
- To “cold-call”
- To work well under pressure
- To work to targets & deadlines
- Highly motivated
- Innovative & solution focused
- To remain positive, with a bubbly, engaging personality
- To be persistent & tenacious
- Excellent organisation skills
- Competent in use of IT
- To meet targets and provide a quality service to all stakeholders
- Working knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter)
Working at Juniper is more than just a job, it’s a vocation. The job satisfaction can be immense, considerable development opportunities exist both in terms of training and progression.
If you would like to join our team as our new Recruitment Officer then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!